New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Other - How to copy your iPhoto gallery?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ldj

Hi all,

Im going to restory my PB soon and i need to know how to import my iPhoto photos and all of the albums just the way it is on my current mac. i tried copying the folder once but i dont think it worked. Does any body know how to FULLY copy the iPhoto gallery and the albums.

tia.
QUOTE Thanks
vtupser

You can go to www.versiontracker.com and dl an iPhoto library manager that allows you to have multiple libraries since iPhoto normally only allows one. You can then basically copy what you have now over to a new library on an external drive or CD. Another option would be to just copy the entire iPhoto library folder to a CD. You should be able to import it back again once you restore.
QUOTE Thanks
ldj

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtupser
You can go to www.versiontracker.com and dl an iPhoto library manager that allows you to have multiple libraries since iPhoto normally only allows one. You can then basically copy what you have now over to a new library on an external drive or CD. Another option would be to just copy the entire iPhoto library folder to a CD. You should be able to import it back again once you restore.
Ok thanks, i tried to import it to my other mac and it worked. Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Copy cd's in Disk Utility? | dj'ing material »