New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Internet - I need help setting up my internet connection...

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Luca788

I have a connection on my pc but now I want to transfer it on my Mac but I do not have a clue how to do it.
I have all the details such as username,password in order to connect but I do not know where to type it in on the mac.
Also I do not know how to install my external usb DSL modem.
If you could help me out....
please reply in an "easy" way since I am not very good!
thank you. :mac:
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

connect the ethernet cable from the modem to the mac, if youre using usb instead, plug that into the usb, but if you can, use ethernet, after physically connecting it all, click Apple>System preferences>Network>in the list, if you connect via usb, it should be indicated that there is usb connection, select it and click configure, Im not sure what to do after that, which is why I recommend ethernet, plus its more reliable than usb.Ill look it up and post it in a few hours.
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

ok, some research turmned up nothing, I suggest simply connecting it via usb if thats all it has and go into network preferences and see if it shows up, if it does, click configure, take a screenshot and post it and we can go from there, it may be under pppoe, not sure. but in network preferences, itll be in a list.
QUOTE Thanks
Mr Bobbins

Mr Bobbins has a spectacular aura about

What make is the USB modem ? I have a Thomson Speedtouch which
does need you to install drivers for it to work. This maybe the case with your modem as well.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Quicken backup compatability with PC/Mac versions | Worth upgrading now? »