archer75
    Couple of questions
    With Linux games many are actually windows versions with a linux installer. Sometimes these installers are made by a company and you must purchase thier product to get it. Other times they are made by the end user. Are there any OSX game installers freely available out there? I have alot of windows games I would like to put to use in OSX.

Every sound file I play is added to my iTunes library which drives me nuts. Sound clips off the net, MP3's I download, etc. I don't want anything added to that library unless I specifically do it myself. Is there anyway I can prevent iTunes from adding every single audio file I play to the library?

archer75
    Another question:

Why no ATI control panel? It installs with the drivers in windows and lets you adjust AA, AF and a number of other settings. How do you enable these settings in OSX?

Specs:
    Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
    1.I believe some linux games can be installed under OS X using a simple installer, the linux version of Unreal Tournament can be installed using the installer that comes with the demo of UT 2004 for example.

But I think it depends on whether the game supports OpenGL or not, as DirectX is a windows only technology.

So I don't think the same applies to windows games, in most cases you'll have to buy a separate mac version.

Specs:
    15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
    Quote Originally Posted by archer75
    Every sound file I play is added to my iTunes library which drives me nuts. Sound clips off the net, MP3's I download, etc. I don't want anything added to that library unless I specifically do it myself. Is there anyway I can prevent iTunes from adding every single audio file I play to the library?
    Yes, right click an mp3 and aac file and click "get info". Change "Open With" to Quicktime. Now all ur files will QT. No Library hassles.

When u wanna add a file to iTunes just drag and drop it on iTunes' icon

kabwon
    itunes also copies the files you play from cd or external hdd to your local disk, you can put this off in pref. you can always just clear the library every now and then, doesnt take up space

Thread Information