New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

installed cs4 demo, now can't install cs3

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

crezo

crezo is on a distinguished road

Hi, really need some help!
I installed the sCS4 demo of dreamweaver. I know have a full version of the cs3 web standard suite.

After uninstalling the CS4 demo when I try to install cs3 it gets halfway through then asks for the cs4 disk! Does anyone know how I can fix this? I've looked for all refs to cs4 on the machine and can't find anything. Been searching the net for 4 hours and can't turn up anything at all.

There's obviously some files still on the machine somewhere but I just can't find them. I have an urgent job I need to do and really need to get cs3 installed asap, so any help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks for your time.
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

How did you uninstall CS4

I would re-install the CS4 demo, then use an an like AppZapper or AppCleaner to thoroughly delete the demo and all associated files.

Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system
QUOTE Thanks
crezo

I used the uninstall option in the dreamweaver folder. That sounds good though, will try it tomorrow. Appcleaner sounds like a great little program, thanks for the help.
QUOTE Thanks
MacGnG

MacGnG is on a distinguished road

Run the CS4 Clean Script: Adobe - Adobe CS4 Clean Script

edit: grrr stupid adobe links
QUOTE Thanks
crezo

Hi, tried both suggestions but still no luck. The adobe cleaner script wouldn't let me 'clean' the files, only uninstall.

Yet after that it still stops cs3 installation and asks for the cs4 disk.

This is driving me mad now, any other ideas?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« move App to menubar | Flash Player »