New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Problems with Mail with my new iMac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

christine10

christine10 is on a distinguished road

I just bought a new iMac and had all my data from my old PowerBook G4 transferred to it. Everything seems to be working well except for Mail. I can't see any messages whatsoever, either in my inbox or in the folders I use to organize my messages (the folders are visible but no emails inside). Through Finder, I can see that all the data is there-- In fact, I can even read individual messages in CoverFlow. (I use Gmail POP but download everything to my computer, I don't leave anything on the server.) However, if I doubleclick on an email message, it switches to Mail as if something is going to open, but nothing does. Also, Mail isn't responding to Quit. I have to use Force Quit.

Any idea what's going on? I know there's a TON of messages to keep track of but my old computer was managing just fine. I tried reindexing the messages by dragging the "Envelope Index" folder to the desktop, but nothing changed.
QUOTE Thanks
christine10

christine10 is on a distinguished road

Okay I found my problem addressed in this thread:

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/os-...-function.html

Thanks for the ideas, I think I will be able to get it to work now. I deleted the file and was able to start anew, then was able to import mailboxes from where they were.

Unfortunately I've managed to delete the mailbox data but I still have it from my other computer so I'll be able to fix it with a little time.

Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Microsoft for Mac help? | dock problem »