Thread: antivirus

which software package would you guys rate as the best antivirus for mac OS X 10.3 (panther) ?

San Antonio, Texas
    PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
    there are no viruses on mac, so software is unneccessary unless youre networked with pc's. but if you need one, norton products will destroy your mac , use intego virusbarrier or virex.

I just did a search for this subject on here after reading about Intego VirusBarrier X4 I was wondering the same thing just thought I would add this from Apple
    Not to bad of a price either. Your ****ed if you do, ****ed if you don't, so why not air on the side of caution.
    Last week My computer just went black.I lost everything, speaking with Apple about it they said I should get something but they hesitated to say what brand, I kind of felt like they were trying to tell me be careful there is something out there but I really don't think they want to start a panic lol Something wiped out my hard drive and I needed to do a reinstall. But at first it would not recognize Tiger It kept saying Classic is having trouble, (really weird) because Classic was never installed on this computer. I had to start with Panther to get it back to Tiger. Apple Care was simple at a lost to figure out what happened. I'll never know why it happened but it is kind of a coincidence with this topic and all in the head lines.
    This is a very informative read also
    I started using PS from finding this forum and all the help I have gotten here thru the years is immeasurable
    thank you MacForums and all it's members

Hamburg, Germany
    MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
    I am using Intego Virusbarrier X4 and I think it is great. If you want some further info. about some other AV software click here .

Quote Originally Posted by kabwon
    which software package would you guys rate as the best antivirus for mac OS X 10.3 (panther) ?

Frisco, Texas
    White MacBook. Keeping it simple these days.
    Dont forget ClamAV. It's free and works great.

Thread Information