New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Pocket Mac Issues

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

hhatzis

hhatzis is on a distinguished road

I have a Mac Book Pro and OS X version 10.5.6

I get the following error message when I try to launch Pocket Mac, "The application PocketMac SyncManager quit unexpectedly". I have tried to delete PocketMac and reinstall and I get the same error message. I have also downloaded it again and reinstalled and I still get the same error. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
hookbill

hookbill is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhatzis View Post
I have a Mac Book Pro and OS X version 10.5.6

I get the following error message when I try to launch Pocket Mac, "The application PocketMac SyncManager quit unexpectedly". I have tried to delete PocketMac and reinstall and I get the same error message. I have also downloaded it again and reinstalled and I still get the same error. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Same thing here. I did exactly what you did and got the same result. A search of this thread came up with nothing so I uninstalled it.

In another forum not related to Mac we got to talking about Mac and somebody said "Pocket Mac" and did a roll eyes. Now I understand why. It's useless.

Proud Owner Of the TiVo S3 and TiVoHD
Mac Snow Leopard 24" desktop 1tb hard drive
QUOTE Thanks
hookbill

Well, I got the problem with the crashing called. For the OP, just run disk utilities and clean your preferences. That will keep it from crashing.

However I can't seem to get it to recognize my device! I plug in the USB cord and it powers my Blackberry but the software can't find it.

Google is your friend!

QUOTE Thanks
mileeme

mileeme is on a distinguished road

pocketmac is useless... I searched on BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com - Search Results for hours to figure out how to sync my mac apps w/ my blackberry and came up w/ no answers.

though entourage does work w/ blackberry..
QUOTE Thanks
hookbill

OK, so here's how it went down. Pocket Mac IMHO is useless. I could not get it to work.

Everyone seems so in love with "The Missing Sync" I shelled out the 40 bucks no questions asked. Based upon all you wonderful people raving about how great and simple it was.

Well, it's not great, nor is it simple and it was a big waste of my money. Since I do everything through Google, it synced my Calendar with my Blackberry Storm, and synced iCal as well. Now iCal doesn't speak to Blackberry but it speaks to Google so in the end it's all the same.

Cost: $0.00

I had already synced my email with google using blackberry so that was another problem taken care of, however I synced it with google as well so all my contacts would carry over.

Now I'm really a bit on the angry side because hey, man, I just spent $40.00. And will it at least sync my iTunes? Nope! I use my best friend, Google and read an interesting article about Blackberry Media Sync. It's free from Blackberry and the main difference between this and Pocket Mac is it works.

I suppose if you have Lotus Notes and stuff like that then The Missing Sync might be worth it, but I just want to let people know that if you have a Blackberry Storm and you have a simple set up like I do, you can sync your i-Tunes, email, and calendar and it won't cost you a dime. Now I'm just "Missing" the "Sync" of 40 bucks from my bank account.

Want links? Do what I did. Google is your friend. Just type in the names I gave you, that's less then what I had to do.

QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« "authentication failed" continuous boot camp game crashes | My mac is cluttered...help...needs organizing or cleaning! »