New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Pages - Font Question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

iloveapples

iloveapples is on a distinguished road

I'd like to know if there is a way to view the FONTS in Pages "as they actually appear" on the page. I see the list of FONTS but they are all listed in the same FONT and the only way I know how to find out if I like a particular FONT is to try it which leads to many wasted minutes trying to find just the right one. Even my old dinosaur Windows PhotoDraw program from 1995 allows me to view FONTS as they would appear. I know my beloved Mac has to be smarter than that old program! There must be a better way and I hoping someone here knows the answer! Thanks so much : )
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Have you tried using the "Font Book" application? It shows a preview of each font and even allows changing font size so you can get an idea of fit.

Keep it open while you use Pages. Perhaps a bit awkward to do it that way, but at least it will give you some idea of font size and look.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
iloveapples

iloveapples is on a distinguished road

Oh wow! Thank you so much, I never knew there was such a thing. That will be much faster than what I was doing. In my old Photo Draw program the name of the Font was written in that font so you could easily see what it looked like at a glance. I wonder if there is a way to make that happen in Pages? If not, this will do and I greatly appreciate you taking the time to reply. Thank you so much!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Help With gaming on macbook | Can Mac OS X Mail embed html signatures for Windows receipients? »