gdestiny
    entourage 2004 and exchange
    anyone have any experience connecting entourage to an exchange server?

i can't get it to connect. i know our exchange servers's name / IP. we are using W2K server AD, so i know my login name and domain.

i enter all that info into entourage's exchange account setting and it still shows not connected. since it doesn't give me any kind of error message, i'm not sure where to troubleshoot.

Quote Originally Posted by gdestiny
    anyone have any experience connecting entourage to an exchange server?

i can't get it to connect. i know our exchange servers's name / IP. we are using W2K server AD, so i know my login name and domain.

i enter all that info into entourage's exchange account setting and it still shows not connected. since it doesn't give me any kind of error message, i'm not sure where to troubleshoot.
    I'm working with Entourage 2004 and an Exchange server. When you're setting up your account in Entourage, did you choose New > Exchange > Configure Manually? Account name and ID'll probably be the first half of your email, the domain is just the domain name (no .com or anything), and I'm using the actual IP address for the Exchange server as trying anything else tended not to work.

Does that help at all...?

m19

gdestiny
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan19
    I'm working with Entourage 2004 and an Exchange server. When you're setting up your account in Entourage, did you choose New > Exchange > Configure Manually? Account name and ID'll probably be the first half of your email, the domain is just the domain name (no .com or anything), and I'm using the actual IP address for the Exchange server as trying anything else tended not to work.

Does that help at all...?

m19
    yeah, i did the manual configuration.

i entered my W2K server login name as my account ID. and listed my W2K server domain in the Domain: field. am also using our exchange 5.5 server IP address. but i still get not connected.

do i need to do anything in the advanced or security tabs?

That is exactly what my issue is. If anyone could give me a us a hand or at least point us in the right direction, that would be great!!!!!

Thread Information