New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Other - How to get rid of demo

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

ibmac'n

Can somebody please tell me how to empty the trash with Snapz Pro demo in it?
When I try to empty, it says emptying, and the progress bar is running, but I get this message also: "this operation cannot be completed because this item Snapz Pro X.rsrc" is in use. It just keeps on running.
I want to get rid of this because the reminder to register pop up is driving me crazy! I'll buy it when I'm good and ready-thank you.
QUOTE Thanks
brendan67

brendan67 will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: Macbook Pro 2.2 4gbram iPhone5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibmac'n
Can somebody please tell me how to empty the trash with Snapz Pro demo in it?
When I try to empty, it says emptying, and the progress bar is running, but I get this message also: "this operation cannot be completed because this item Snapz Pro X.rsrc" is in use. It just keeps on running.
I want to get rid of this because the reminder to register pop up is driving me crazy! I'll buy it when I'm good and ready-thank you.
hi

download onyx from version tracker run it to do a secure
empty trash

regards

macbook pro 2gb
iphone5
ipad 16gb
QUOTE Thanks
meltbanana314

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendan67
hi

download onyx from version tracker run it to do a secure
empty trash

regards
Its not about how secure it is, its about getting the program to stop running the background.

(1) Launch Activity Monitor (Panther) or Process Viewer (Jaguar), either via its alias in your First Aid folder, or by double-clicking its icon in the Computer > Mac OS X > Applications > Utilities folder.

2. Find the program's process and select it

3 Press the Command-Option-Q keyboard combination or use one of these other application-specific methods to terminate the selected process:

Panther: Select Process > Quit or select the Quit Process icon in the toolbar.

Jaguar: Select Process Viewer > Processes > Quit Process.

That should get it to stop running. Then, trash it and repair permissions. Twice, if I were you.
QUOTE Thanks
Macman

Macman has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb

snapz runs in the background, so just open activity monitor located in utilities in applications, and find in the list of activities anything with snapz in t, select any, and click end process>quit. then try emptying the trash. to be sure, do a search for snapz and delete anything that comes up.
QUOTE Thanks
ibmac'n

Hey Thanks!
Opened up activity monitor, had to navigate a bit to find where Snapz Pro was lurking, quit the process, was then able to empty the trash.
Appreciate the help and suggestions.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iChat and yahoo? | osX instant messaging - noob »