Games & Wireless
    Dear All,

I am a very new user of a MacBook Pro (bought it today) and I am trying to install games on it, games such as: GTA IV, The Witcher, Sacred II, Fallout 3, etc.

The MacBook Pro is 2.53GHz, 4GB ram, 320GB..

I have managed to make another 100GB partition onto which I installed Vista x64. The downside to it is, though, that I have no drivers for any of my network devices while booting into Vista. So, I have no network, but this is not as bad as everything else... I have tried (and managed) to install GTA IV onto the hard-drive, apply the crack, but I can't run it, I get a strange error (I can't remember the error, unfortunately). I've also installed Prince of Persia (2008), and, yet again, when I try to run it, it just doesn't run it...

Could anyone tell me where I can find drivers for my Broadcom 43xx Airport Extreme card in order to configure my wireless network on Vista?

Could anyone also tell me why do the games not run?

Is there another method to install and play windows games (that require high system specifications), another easier one?

Thank you in advance!

Brit in Tokyo.
    MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.
    my first reaction in that it is your choice in Windows. I do not believe that bootcamp supports x64 and neither do most games. This is a shame due to x32 not using all the RAM that you have. I think you need to try x32 either Vista or XP. I use XP for games with no problems at all. I have been gaming for a long time on XP now.
    MacBook Pro 2.66Ghz i7. Mac Mini 2.26Ghz C2D
    iPhone 3G 16GB iPad 3G 64GB
    Check out my flickr

Well, my first choice was Vista x86 (32-bit), and that didn't work either - but it saw that I had 4GB of ram, so I was amazed..

Do you know where I could get a good copy of windows XP? Should it be any specific service pack?

London, UK
     13" MacBook Air w/ 1.8GHz i7 & 4GB, iPhone 5S 32GB Gold
    Try looking on the Microsoft site for an order, but to be honest, even though XP WILL run games a lot better than Vista on a Mac, a lot of new games are "Games for Windows" games now, meaning they will only run on Vista. GTA IV is one of these games, as is GRiD, Gears of War, Bioshock, Fallout 3 and many other new good games.

I do know when Halo 2 was released on "Games for Windows" someone made a crack to enable it to be installed on XP, but I'm not sure if anyone has done so for any other "Games for Windows" games, so have a look.

EDIT: And Service Pack 3 is the latest for XP, so I'm not sure if that's the best one or not, but it's the latest and the one you're most likely to find.
     13" MacBook Air | 1.8Ghz i7 | 4GB | 256GB SSD | OS X 10.9.5 
     iPhone 5S | Gold | 32GB 

Thread Information