New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

MacBook Pro - Games & Wireless

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

BogdanBM

BogdanBM is on a distinguished road

Dear All,

I am a very new user of a MacBook Pro (bought it today) and I am trying to install games on it, games such as: GTA IV, The Witcher, Sacred II, Fallout 3, etc.

The MacBook Pro is 2.53GHz, 4GB ram, 320GB..

I have managed to make another 100GB partition onto which I installed Vista x64. The downside to it is, though, that I have no drivers for any of my network devices while booting into Vista. So, I have no network, but this is not as bad as everything else... I have tried (and managed) to install GTA IV onto the hard-drive, apply the crack, but I can't run it, I get a strange error (I can't remember the error, unfortunately). I've also installed Prince of Persia (2008), and, yet again, when I try to run it, it just doesn't run it...

Could anyone tell me where I can find drivers for my Broadcom 43xx Airport Extreme card in order to configure my wireless network on Vista?

Could anyone also tell me why do the games not run?

Is there another method to install and play windows games (that require high system specifications), another easier one?

Thank you in advance!
QUOTE Thanks
B&O

B&O has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.

my first reaction in that it is your choice in Windows. I do not believe that bootcamp supports x64 and neither do most games. This is a shame due to x32 not using all the RAM that you have. I think you need to try x32 either Vista or XP. I use XP for games with no problems at all. I have been gaming for a long time on XP now.

MacBook Pro 2.66Ghz i7. Mac Mini 2.26Ghz C2D
iPhone 3G 16GB iPad 3G 64GB
Check out my flickr
QUOTE Thanks
BogdanBM

BogdanBM is on a distinguished road

Well, my first choice was Vista x86 (32-bit), and that didn't work either - but it saw that I had 4GB of ram, so I was amazed..

Do you know where I could get a good copy of windows XP? Should it be any specific service pack?
QUOTE Thanks
DriftNismo

DriftNismo will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs:  13" MacBook Air w/ 1.8GHz i7 & 4GB, iPhone 5S 32GB Gold

Try looking on the Microsoft site for an order, but to be honest, even though XP WILL run games a lot better than Vista on a Mac, a lot of new games are "Games for Windows" games now, meaning they will only run on Vista. GTA IV is one of these games, as is GRiD, Gears of War, Bioshock, Fallout 3 and many other new good games.

I do know when Halo 2 was released on "Games for Windows" someone made a crack to enable it to be installed on XP, but I'm not sure if anyone has done so for any other "Games for Windows" games, so have a look.

EDIT: And Service Pack 3 is the latest for XP, so I'm not sure if that's the best one or not, but it's the latest and the one you're most likely to find.

 13" MacBook Air | 1.8Ghz i7 | 4GB | 256GB SSD | OS X 10.9.5 
 iPhone 5S | Gold | 32GB 
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« time machine error - never stops to prepare or stopping back-up | Windows COD4 vs. Mac OSx COD 4 »