New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Future Date Mail App

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

youthpastor

youthpastor will become famous soon enough

Hello Everyone! Hope things are going great for you. I've tried doing some searching but can't seem to find the answer to my question.

Is there a way to future date an email message in Mail to be sent at a later time rather than immediately? I know you can save drafts, but that requires you to go back and send it manually.

Thanks for any info.

New MacBookPro | 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo |2 GB RAMMac OS X Leopard Version 10.5.5 | iPod Touch 8 GB | iPod Classic 80 GB
QUOTE Thanks
youthpastor

Any ideas? Tips? Anyone?

New MacBookPro | 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo |2 GB RAMMac OS X Leopard Version 10.5.5 | iPod Touch 8 GB | iPod Classic 80 GB
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

If you are comfortable unix shell scripting. you can create a shell script to create the mail and send when you want it to using the unix at command.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
youthpastor

Never done that before. Pretty easy to do? Any links to point me in the right direction?

QUOTE Thanks
youthpastor

Or is it possible to use the Automator to perform the needed task?

QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

How much in the future are you looking at?

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
neilf

neilf is an unknown at this point

Just a thought, not tried it, and I may be talking rubbish but:

What about setting up a "to do" task in iCal, for the date you want the email sent. There is the facility in there to send an email to anywhere.

Neil
QUOTE Thanks
youthpastor

I'd like to be able to type an email out and then choose for it to send the following morning around 6:00 AM.

I send out a daily encouragement and sometimes like typing up some ahead of time for several days worth of encouragements. Would be nice if I could figure out a way to designate for one to send out each day from the mail drafts instead of having to manually do it.

Thanks for any help!

QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

I would think automator could do it. I know cron can and you could use mail, since it's a CLI based program (man mail). You can set it to send a a text file as the body.

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« converting .mkv to DVD | Firefox bookmarks »