New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

MacBook - Won't download files

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Monolithic

Monolithic is on a distinguished road

My girlfriend has been having a lot of problems with her year old Macbook. First of all and the biggest problem, is that now she is unable to download things from online. She's tried Safari and Firefox with no luck. She was going to try Flock, but she can't download it. This applies to anything online. She can't download anything, except files from Rapidshare for some reason. Those download fine.

The second problem is that she can't watch streaming videos because even if she lets them load completely they just lag.

Another problem is with games from the Big Fish games site. She downloads them to play them and a lot of the games she just is unable to play because of lag. Now they're just games made in flash and are not resource intensive at all so I can't see the lag coming from a lack of processing power.

Her Macbook has a 2GHz processors, 1GB of RAM and a 120GB HDD.
QUOTE Thanks
Phizulation

Phizulation is on a distinguished road

Having the same issues on mine. Let me know if you find a fix!
QUOTE Thanks
vansmith

vansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond reputevansmith has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 2012 13" MBP (2.5 i5, 8GB)

Flash is very resource intensive so if the games are complex, despite perhaps not looking so, have her turn down the quality as a first attempt at fixing this. Right click the Flash game and change the quality from that menu.

As for the downloading, have you installed any download managers? Improper un-installation has caused quite a few problems with downloading files.

Important Links: Community Guidelines : Use the reputation system if you've been helped.
M-F Blog :: Write for the blog
Personal Twitter
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« How to merge pdfs in Preview with Snow Leopard | Question about Boot Camp. »