New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Camino vs. Firefox

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

theenglishman

theenglishman is on a distinguished road

Hi guys,

I was just wondering what were the main differences between the Camino and Firefox browsers?

Which one would you recommend, and why?

Thank you all very much.
QUOTE Thanks
bmxxx

bmxxx is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook 2.4GHz 250GB/G4 iPod 20GB/iPod Touch 32GB/iPod Shuffle 1GB

Firefox for sure. All the ease of use of Safari, with more security against phishing, and with more features (add ons, customizeable themes, etc..)

MacBook|2.4GHz|250GB/iPod G4|20 GB
QUOTE Thanks
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4 and OS X.10

Camino is still amateur hour! Watch that voting!
QUOTE Thanks
TopDog

TopDog has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook / Mac Mini

I'm voting for Camino.

It feels faster and more "mac'ish". I don't really need any of the firefox plugins except a better Delicious integration would be nice.

QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

I will vote for Camino also for it's more OSX like interface although Firefox 3 is getting there and quite nice. I do love Firefox but try and support the little guy in the crowd.
QUOTE Thanks
sixleaf

sixleaf is on a distinguished road

I prefer Firefox because of all the addons, themes, etc. It's basically a browser that you can customize to do exactly what you need it to.
QUOTE Thanks
J33nx

J33nx is on a distinguished road

Firefox for sure. Plus, it has the IE tabs addon allowing you to view any page in IE inside Firefox (I use this for Netflix).
QUOTE Thanks
takeitngo

takeitngo will become famous soon enough

My vote is for firefox I have been using it for a long time without problems, I'm going to try camini though
QUOTE Thanks
jram

jram is a jewel in the roughjram is a jewel in the rough

Awhile ago I would have said Camino, but with the FF theme, noscript, FF is faster now, safer, and Camino is going backwards as FF is turning into the Mac choice of browsers.
QUOTE Thanks
hughvane

hughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nicehughvane is just really nice
Mac Specs: MacMini 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.8 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 2 Gb, OS 10.5.8; G4 eMac 1.25, 2 Gb, OS 10.4.11

I've very recently been trying out several browsers, and of all I think I'm coming round to Camino. Firefox is slow to get out of bed, it seems to me, after using Camino to do the same browser activity, that FF is bloated and sluggish by comparison. Sure, FF has more custom features. In fact, I get the impression that Camino is a sort-of FFox little brother, they do after all come from the same stable.
As of today's date, my preference list:
1. Camino
2. Firefox
3. iCab
4. Safari
5. Opera
QUOTE Thanks
scathe

scathe is a jewel in the roughscathe is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 2,4Ghz 15" unibody

I use Safari for no reason whats so ever anyway, Camino should be completely 64bit and thus faster

the version of Camino i had didn't allow tabs to be dragged and change the order, they've probably solved that by now
QUOTE Thanks
rolfen

rolfen is on a distinguished road

Camino fails the ACID2 test
The Second Acid Test
Firefox, chrome, opera, and safari passed
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.9.4, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolfen View Post
Camino fails the ACID2 test
The Second Acid Test
Firefox, chrome, opera, and safari passed
If you want to talk Acid Standards test, Google Acid 3. Each number is a test (there are 100 to pass). Safari has passed it for almost a year now and the Webkit builds long before that. Chrome has also since it uses the same WebKit engine. Opera 10 now passes Acid 3. No other browser does. Some are very close though.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Photo Booth -- Deleted Pics. | trying to set up a second email account in Thunderbird »