iPages '08 Word Art
    I am doing a silly little elementarry school style presentation project in my senior year of Radiology School and I want to do a little word art type thing for the title at the top of the board and I cannot figure out how to figure out Word Art in Pages... I have googled and googled...

IS there a word art equivalent for Pages?

Thanks
    My first apple product is this White 2.4 Mac Book I bought on September 25, 2008!

Bump
    Any One ?
    My first apple product is this White 2.4 Mac Book I bought on September 25, 2008!

Anyone come up with an answer in the last 2 years????

Where are all the mac defenders that claim mac is so good at creative style projects? Surely they know!

It's not like I didn't pay for "Pages" after-all, so I expected it to at least have an equivalent to the MS product.

Am I to be disappointed?

Specs:
    MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
    Quote Originally Posted by leepback View Post
    Anyone come up with an answer in the last 2 years????

Where are all the mac defenders that claim mac is so good at creative style projects? Surely they know!

It's not like I didn't pay for "Pages" after-all, so I expected it to at least have an equivalent to the MS product.

Am I to be disappointed?
    No it doesn't have wordart.

And how much did you pay for Pages compared to the decades old and much longer developed Office suite?

I'm going to be completely honest and how to do I say this nicely....

Apple is obviously prioritizing the development of the features that will let the average user create beautiful documents easily. WordArt is not one of those features. 99.999999% of any document utilizing wordart looks like garbage IMHO so I'm hoping Apple never implements it

So if you're idea of creativity requires you to use wordart, you might want to try a different way of being creative.
    schweb | community leader
    flickr facebook twitter tumblr google+ about.me

Mac-Forums: On Twitter | On Facebook | On Flickr

Specs:
    Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
    Agreed. You can always tell when a title has been made "pretty" with Word Art and it usually just looks either goofy or tacky.

Once you play around a bit with Pages, there's quite a lot you can do with the styling options that are built-in. After reading your post, I wondered what styles you could build and threw this together as a quick example:

Play around with the graphic options in the inspector - you might be surprised what Pages can do.

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    Play around with the graphic options in the inspector - you might be surprised what Pages can do.
    Agree. Pages is surprisingly more powerful and easier to use than folks give it credit for. I use it primarily for layout work and bulletin design and have been pleasantly surprised at what it can do. Being an old MS Publisher user for years, it has been great to find something native to OS X that can do so much for so little a price.

BTW, I like your "quick design example".

Regards.

Specs:
    Mid-2012 MBP (16GB, 1TB HD), Monoprice 24-inch second monitor, iPhone 5s 32GB, iPad Air 2 64GB
    Quote Originally Posted by schweb View Post
    So if you're idea of creativity requires you to use wordart, you might want to try a different way of being creative.
    I have been known to say this frequently, and sometimes substituting the words "Microsoft Publisher" in place of "WordArt".

That said, I believe there is still (or finally, depending on how you look at it) a program called "TypeStyler" and a less outrageously priced one called "Art Text" that does a lot of what people think of as "WordArt" type stuff, only this time it looks nicer and a lot less tacky/cheesy.

Specs:
    Late 2013 27" iMac, iPad 3, iPhone 6s+, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
    I do a lot of layout work on a weekly basis but have found that keeping frills like "word art" to a minimum is best. Sometimes it's better not to have distractions and just say what you need to say. Special attention flyers excepted....

Regards.

Thread Information