New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Looking for a replacement software, going from windows to mac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Retromoe

Retromoe is on a distinguished road

I usually listen to music anytime im on the computer, I usually use Winamp along with the "DFX" sound enhancer for a better sound quality and effect, is there anything close or similar to the two programs? Or even a sound enhancer for Itunes would be good, but more preferable something similar to winamp.

Also, I also use windows picture preview to go through pictures, using arrow keys, Can i go through my pictures without having to close where the pictures are located? Using arrow keys and going in a "Date modified" order?

Btw, There is a Windows media player for mac right? How come i try to install it on my friends computer and it never seems to work..(Downloaded it from apple's download section)

thanks!!!
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retromoe View Post
I usually listen to music anytime im on the computer, I usually use Winamp along with the "DFX" sound enhancer for a better sound quality and effect, is there anything close or similar to the two programs? Or even a sound enhancer for Itunes would be good, but more preferable something similar to winamp.
Sadly, I haven't found anything I like as much as WinAmp for the Mac. iTunes has its own built in equalizer, but it's not as nice as DFX. WinAmp does work in Crossover, however it's a bit funky.

Quote:
Also, I also use windows picture preview to go through pictures, using arrow keys, Can i go through my pictures without having to close where the pictures are located? Using arrow keys and going in a "Date modified" order?
Yup. Leopard introduced Quicklook. Just sort your directory by modified date and then click the first photo. Then hit the spacebar to activate Quicklook and scroll through your images. Alternatively, you can also use Coverflow view to browse through your images in a similar manner.

Quote:
Btw, There is a Windows media player for mac right? How come i try to install it on my friends computer and it never seems to work..(Downloaded it from apple's download section)

thanks!!!
Windows Media Player for Mac was discontinued when Microsoft bought the company that makes Flip4Mac, which is a codec package that allows you to view WMV and WMA files in Quicktime. If you don't like Quicktime (not a big fan, myself), there's always the open source VLC Media Player.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
podraig

podraig will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: iMac 20" 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4gig,Mac OS X Maverick, Macbook Intel 2gig, iPhone 3G

"Hear" is a great sound enhancer, and Xee is a brilliant picture previewer
Xee
Sound Improvement for iTunes, Sound Enhancement for Mac, 3D Sound, Equalizer for Mac

Mac is like a car, keep clean and up to date and it will give you many hours of good driving
QUOTE Thanks
PsYkOoOoO

PsYkOoOoO is on a distinguished road

VLC Media Player is the best media player for any platform out there, as far as I am concerned.
QUOTE Thanks
Retromoe

Retromoe is on a distinguished road

Thanks fellas, will look into all of them.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Sudden "Bad Request" message at Log-in | Word processing software »