New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

PDF to Word Convertor - Freeware

Thread Closed

surfingh2o

surfingh2o is on a distinguished road

I'm trying to convert 1 PDF to word. Any suggestions for freeware. I need it to look the same not just a text copy - which I know I can do. Please help.............
surfingh2o

33 views, one of you must know a cool app which could help me. As you can gather I'm getting desperate!
CrimsonRequiem

CrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to allCrimsonRequiem is a name known to all
Mac Specs: MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB

Well that just means people want to help you but can't. I'm not aware of any freeware program like this.

You could try PDF2Office or even PDFpen. They cost money though, but you can download and try it out.
surfingh2o

Thank you for the reply. I have used both free trial versions. Both leave a watermark and only convert 1/4 of the document. I know it's sacrilege to say this. If I were running windows this could have been solved in under 5mins. How can it be so hard for Mac users (the higher race in the computer world). Even though OS X kicks Windows/XP/Vist into touch.

Please Mac experts I need your help. It's for a uni paper which i wrote and stupidly miss placed the .doc file and only have the PDF. I'm skint and can't afford to splash out on a full version.
harryb2448

harryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond reputeharryb2448 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i5 2.7GHz OS X.9.4

See if this helps you. Did you search for this answer as it was in an earlier forum question:-

Simple PDF to Word on Mac OS X

There is a download and try option.
Sawday

Sawday is a jewel in the roughSawday is a jewel in the roughSawday is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 24" Aluminium, 2.8 GHz, 4Gb RAM. iPad2, iPhone4

If it's so simple under windows why not copy it to a windows machine (a colleagues, at uni or in an internet cafe) and transfer it there?

Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you get.
toMACsh

toMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of lighttoMACsh is a glorious beacon of light
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

What's wrong with the software you already have? Open the pdf, select all, open Word, copy from the pdf and paste into Word. Now when you save the Word file, you have the info in both.

Thread Closed

« Forgotten information in Mail | iTunes Has Stopped Working »