New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Download Help Please!!!

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

bslaybaugh

bslaybaugh is on a distinguished road

Hello All,
I've worked on mac's for years now (MP's at work and now on my new MBP at home) and never had this problem. For some reason when i try to download anything on my MBP it says it's "transferring data" but no dialogue box asking what i want to do with it. I always have to right click, save as. I'm using FF3 but i tested it in Safari and it's the same problem. I tried it on my PC as well and it works fine. It's just my MBP. I recently uninstalled Speed Download 5 with AppZapper so i'm wondering if that has something to do with it? Thanks in advance!

-B
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

it defaults to your downloads folder.

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
rembrandt

rembrandt is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" Macbook Pro

Using FF3, go to Firefox menu, Preferences, click the main tab, then select the radio button

'Always ask me where to save files.'
QUOTE Thanks
bslaybaugh

bslaybaugh is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the help guys but it's still not working. If i do something as simple as trying to download an icontainer from iconfactory, it opens a new tab, starts to load, but never finishes loading or asks me what to do. I have to right click, save as and THEN i can save. What is the deal!?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Flash-like Vector program | How do i get NZB and Newsgroups on Mac?? »