New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

iWork '08 Now... When's '09?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Migraine

Migraine is on a distinguished road

Hi all,

I'm thinking of purchasing iWork '08 Family pack for two Macs, but since MacWorld is coming up again in January? I wondering when will they update iWork and also iLife?

I'm not in a big rush yet since I have an old version of Office 2004. But it's not totally compatible with the Intel iMac and Leopard. I had some stability problems with it.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

Well before iWork/iLife 08 there was iWork/iLife 06, so it's possible that we won't see another one till 2010.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
Dawson

Dawson is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 2.0 GHz iMac Core 2 Duo with 2.5 gigs of RAM

I would be shocked if new versions of iWork and iLife were not released in January. Definitely wait.

QUOTE Thanks
Migraine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kash View Post
Well before iWork/iLife 08 there was iWork/iLife 06, so it's possible that we won't see another one till 2010.
Yeah you're absolutely right. Apple my not do an update. But, I guess I'll wait till MacWorld to decide.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Keep in mind that Apple will primarily focus on getting "Snow Leopard" to market sometime next year. Like Kash said it's possible that the next upgrade will be 2010.

Anyway, what's wrong with purchasing it now if you need it now?

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
Migraine

Quote:
Originally Posted by chscag View Post
Anyway, what's wrong with purchasing it now if you need it now?

Regards.
That's just the point, I'm able to get by for now.
QUOTE Thanks
DoneDeal

DoneDeal is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro w/ Snow Leopard, iPhone 3GS

I would wait until MacWorld and if nothing is announced, then go for '08. It's an excellent set of productivity apps, I regret nothing.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« iSync....Missing Sync...Both not working with omnia | bchunk help »