New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

MacBook Pro - Mac not booting after playing in Windows -- MacDrive 7?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jhartford6

jhartford6 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro - 2.2GHz, 2GB RAM, 128MB 8600M GT

So I have a 2.2GHz C2Duo MacBook Pro and it's been pretty much flawless since I bought it 2 years ago.

However today I had some issues. I was installing a game from an ISO I had on my computer and needed to install Daemon tools. I installed Daemon tools and it had an error and then I rebooted into Mac and it failed. Earlier in the day I was also using MacDrive 7 to watch a movie. MacDrive7, if you're not aware, is a program for Windows which allows you to read/write to a Mac formatted drive/partition. I have been sketchy about it ever since it corrupted a external hard drive of mine a few times...and I think it may have done that today.

I boot into Windows fine. I boot into Mac and I get to the spinning circle and then the fans shut off and 3-5 seconds later the screen goes black and the machine is totally off. Anything I can try? Is there a Windows program which can repair Mac formatted partitions? I know that is a weird request but I bet there is one out there somewhere...hopefully. I have all of my papers/homework/etc. on there and they aren't backed up anywhere.

Any help is appreciated!
QUOTE Thanks
jhartford6

Bump, please help, still not working.
QUOTE Thanks
jhartford6

I'll be trying PartitionMagic tonight, can anyone confirm if this works?
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhartford6 View Post
I'll be trying PartitionMagic tonight, can anyone confirm if this works?
I can confirm that it will NOT work. PM will only work with DOS or Linux formatted partitions\drives. Your OS X installation is probably corrupted.

Boot the machine with your installation DVD disk 1 and run First Aid from the DVD. Verify the disk and repair as necessary. If that doesn't work, then you may be forced to re-install OS X. However, before you do, download and use either "WinClone" or "CampTune" to make a backup copy of your Windows partition so you can restore it after wiping the drive and re-installing the OS.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« just me or does itunes 8 suck?? | help me with AMSN »