New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

OS 10.5 - Old email addresses in Mail

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jonathan_s

jonathan_s is on a distinguished road

When I go to write an email address, I get not only the one I want but every old email address for that person. Sometimes I click the wrong on and send it to a outdated address. How can I remove these addresses and keep them from popping up?
QUOTE Thanks
dakineyj

dakineyj will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5

In the mail app, go to the top Menu, then click "Window," then "Previous Recipients. You can remove any or all...
QUOTE Thanks
skybolt

skybolt has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: White 2010 MB, Core 2 Duo, 8g RAM, iPhone 4S, iPad Mini, Apple TV

Just an added note -- deleting entries there will have no effect on your address book. All entries there will be intact. Every so often, I go to the previous recipients and delete them all so that I keep things nice and clean and don't take a chance on sending an email to an unintended recipient.

Mary
QUOTE Thanks
rclay0617

rclay0617 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook 1.83 C2D 2gB 10.4

In the Window Menu in Mail, about halfway down, select "Previous Recipients".
This opens a window where mail stores email addresses on any address you ever sent an email to.

The small card on the left means the recipient was in your address book when you sent the email.

You can sort the file by clicking any of the headers. If you click on the date column you'll get all your records from oldest to newest. You can delete any one or group that are no longer used.

In addition, if you find an address that you thought you'd lost, you can add it to the address book right from this screen.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« how to interleave PDF? | Macbook Pro + Flight Simulator X? »