New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Adobe Flash Player Not Showing Text

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

antwonw

antwonw is on a distinguished road

Hello,

Problem: For some reason Adobe Flash Player will not show any text. If I go to view something on a webpage, say, myspace.com. And I go to some musicians page I see the myspace music player and all but the next displaying the song is not there. It is blank. And this isn't just for Myspace. Its for any flash period. If there is text in it. It will not display.

System Wide: This is a computer wide problem because in Firefox (default browser) and Safari it does this. It also does it in iDistract (a application that goes to flash game websites and gets "downloads" them temporarily and enables you to play them (the flash games) full screen and out of browser.

Tried To Fix: I tried to fix this problem by downloading Adobe Flash Player again from Adobe's website. I reinstalled it with no apps open. Started up Firefox, problem still there. Same with Safari and iDistract.

Help: So do any of you Mac novelists know what to do? I am at a lost. I have done all that is within my Mac knowledge.

Thanks you for you help and understanding.

--AW
QUOTE Thanks
kllewis99

kllewis99 is on a distinguished road

I have upgraded to 10.5.6, I have uninstalled and reinstalled flash 9 and 10, I have upgraded Firefox, I have written Adobe, I have upgraded Firefox, I have downloaded new browsers...NOTHING WORKS!!!

Did you ever fix your problem?
QUOTE Thanks
sandropadin

sandropadin is on a distinguished road

I am having the same problem also. I'm not sure what it could be. I'm using the debug version of Flash Player 10 and OS X 10.5.6, but I had the same problem with OS X 10.5.5
QUOTE Thanks
sandropadin

sandropadin is on a distinguished road

Seems to only be happening only in Safari for me though.
QUOTE Thanks
antwonw

antwonw is on a distinguished road

I called Apple to ask them and they told me it was Flip4Mac. So if you have it installed. You need to remove it with AppCleaner.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Can I do this???????? Very important!! HELP | open an attachment in Thunderbird, a copy will be created on my desktop »