New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Ľ Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Ľ Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Entourage Time off by 1 hour

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

joeybuckets

joeybuckets is on a distinguished road

hey all,just a question my Entourage Email time stamp is still off by 1 hour buy my Mac time is correct? any idea? im using OFFICE 2008
QUOTE Thanks
BlueMac

BlueMac is a jewel in the roughBlueMac is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7

Most would think that the place to set all of this would be the Date & Time pane in System Preferences. That's where the time zone is set and that's also where you can choose to show time with seconds, show AM/PM and set the clock to 24-hour format, etc.

However, setting the preferences in the Date & Time pane of System Preferences solves the problem of what to show in your menu bar but not what you show in Entourage. You can fix the Entourage time in the International pane in System Preferences.

In the International section of System Preferences look under the Formats tab and you'll find a section for formatting times. Click on the customize button and there is where you can fix your problem.

I hope I helped.

Flickr

Last.fm
Si, hablo Espa˝ol. Oui, je parle franšais. Yes, I speak English.
QUOTE Thanks
netguise

netguise is on a distinguished road

Where exactly do you see International in System Preferences? I see no such section in Snow Leopard. I was having the same problem with Entourage. I seem to have fixed it by going into Entourage Preferences>Calendar and changing the default time zone that was listed. It was set to the correct setting but I changed it and saved, then changed it back to the original setting and saved again and voila, the times are right on received emails now.

Still curious about this International section of System Prefs though.
QUOTE Thanks
toMACsh

toMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to alltoMACsh is a name known to all
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo

The name was changed to Language & Text
QUOTE Thanks
dvsjr

dvsjr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by netguise View Post
<snip> I seem to have fixed it by going into Entourage Preferences>Calendar and changing the default time zone that was listed. It was set to the correct setting but I changed it and saved, then changed it back to the original setting and saved again and voila, the times are right on received emails now.
This worked for me. I changed the zone to an incorrect zone, saved it back to the correct zone, restarted entourage, and it worked.

Tested with a before and after email, all is well. thanks, leaving this to help others.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Itunes issues | Why are all the text boxes in Preview for a document rotated to the left when I later »