New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Call of Duty on a Macbook

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mushir

mushir is on a distinguished road

Hey I was wondering if the Macbook can handle COD4 on the lowest settings. I really wanna get this game so any help would be very appreciated!

My Macbook has a 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor
QUOTE Thanks
LuCr4568

LuCr4568 is on a distinguished road

I was also wondering the same thing. i downloaded the demo for PC (have bootcamp w/XP) and only got about 5 fps. i did read on another forum someone managed to get ~20-25 fps, but they didnt explain how. if anyone knows how to get that performance any help would be appreciated

i also have 2.16 ghz macbook, 2.5 gb ram and intel GMA 950
QUOTE Thanks
Aptmunich

Aptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant futureAptmunich has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2

I remember trying it a while back and it was pretty unplayable. By lowering the resolution, texture quality etc. I managed to get it running semi-smoothly, but as soon as I got into a bit of action, the framerate just bottomed out again.

Sorry!
QUOTE Thanks
CoolCheech

CoolCheech is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: mid-2010 15" MacBook Pro 2.8 i7, 8GB, OS X 10.6.8

I have a refurbished 2.16 iMac, w/ 3MB and the updagraded video card, NVidea (or something like that). I just got the mac only version of CoD4 and it plays fine. I have some settings on but not all, and the screen resolution at 800x600 (one above the lowest). I get an fps of around mid 30's to 50's. It plays fine, I've upped the resolution by one slider increment and it still plays pretty good.

That being said, it's well worth it, it still looks great in my opinion (then again I've been playing MoH:AA for the past 6 years).

I'll post my settings when I get home.
QUOTE Thanks
CoolCheech

CoolCheech is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: mid-2010 15" MacBook Pro 2.8 i7, 8GB, OS X 10.6.8

My bad, I just realized that you said you had a Macbook 2.16, I have an iMac 2.16.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Recommendations for software | Customizing Mail workflow »