New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Opera Users

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rsherid

rsherid is infamous around these parts
Mac Specs: 13" MBP - 2.7 Ghz, Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM.

This was my favorite browser on Windows, but it's terrible on Mac. Some issues the Opera forums refuse to resolve for me (copy/pasted):

1. Is anyone else experiencing problems loading the new Facebook interface, which they've made standard? It'll load for me, but it's slow to load and it eats up all my resources.

2. I have tried opening two different links from two different e-mail newsletters, which open fine in the Safari browser, and they show up as broken links in Opera. Same thing happens when manually going to the site. The sites are kentnewsnet.com and allmusic.com.

3. I've installed Flash three times and Opera 9.6 still won't recognize it, forcing me to use another browser.
QUOTE Thanks
Spork

Spork can only hope to improve

Yeah I always liked opera but always preferred FF over it anyways. Plus Opera is old as balls too lol. Have you tried reinstalling Opera it self?
QUOTE Thanks
rsherid

rsherid is infamous around these parts
Mac Specs: 13" MBP - 2.7 Ghz, Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spork View Post
Yeah I always liked opera but always preferred FF over it anyways. Plus Opera is old as balls too lol. Have you tried reinstalling Opera it self?
Yeah, and I just updated to the most recent version.
QUOTE Thanks
ivoryandgold

ivoryandgold is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro unibody 2.53Ghz (with 512MB NVIDIA 9600M GT), silver iPod Classic 120GB, white iPhone 3G

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsherid View Post
This was my favorite browser on Windows, but it's terrible on Mac. Some issues the Opera forums refuse to resolve for me (copy/pasted):

1. Is anyone else experiencing problems loading the new Facebook interface, which they've made standard? It'll load for me, but it's slow to load and it eats up all my resources.
I don't own a Mac (but am getting my first one next week), however I've been a faithful user of Opera for Windows during the last two years. I haven't upgraded my Windows machine to 9.6 yet (am still using 9.52) but I have noticed considerable issues with the 'new Facebook'. It lags terribly, Facebook chat never seems to work; it's a mess. I normally end up switching to another browser to use Facebook.

As far as the other two issues you pointed out, I should be able to report on those sometime next week as Opera will be one of the first things I install on my new Mac.

Faithful user of OS X since 15 October 2008!
QUOTE Thanks
KeithTeeple

KeithTeeple is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM MacBook, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Why would you use Opera, use FireFox or Safari.

Press any key to continue, or any other key to cancel.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary
and those who don't.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

There are people Like me for one, who have used Opera for years and years. I like Opera and have it installed on every system I own, Mac and PC. Some people just like it like others like Firefox or Safari or even IE. Yes there are IE lovers also.

Whatever issues the new Facebook interface has caused will be addressed I am sure. Do remember there are a lot of sites that crash Safari or just won't work properly with it also. Even Firefox has issues on an occasional site that is designed only to work properly on IE.
QUOTE Thanks
PapaNoHair

PapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nice

I agree with dravis7: the problem might be with Facebook not Opera. Sometimes sites are just set up with one particular type of browser in mind. Give it some time and see what happens. Also just read that Opera just hired a top designed so Opera might just be taking on a new, better look.
QUOTE Thanks
dtravis7

dtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond reputedtravis7 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac 2.4 C2D 10.10, iMac 2.16 C2d 10.6.8, Macbook2007 10.8.4, Mac Mini 10.8.4, iPhone 3GS Note 8!!

On the OP's 3rd point. I use Opera on many sites that use Flash like You Tube. It works perfectly here for me. Mac OSX 10.5.5 and Opera 9.6.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Free Modern FPS | Metastock »