New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Best DJ software

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jolulure

jolulure is on a distinguished road

hello!!

this summer i met a guy who used a very simple MAC application that let him mix tracks and add effects which made it sound pretty cool and original. Its not Virtual dj, and the interface seemed really easy....

do you know that program? are there any programs that let you add tons off effects in a simple way and still make it look good?

thanks!
QUOTE Thanks
pedromosh

pedromosh is on a distinguished road

HI, you can use TRAKTOR DJ STUDIO for mac it´s a very simple program.
NATIVE INSTRUMENTS : Products : Dj Line : Traktor 3

=)
QUOTE Thanks
jolulure

jolulure is on a distinguished road

yeah but i need something simple for playing live.
QUOTE Thanks
lifeafter2am

lifeafter2am is a jewel in the roughlifeafter2am is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Unibody

DJ'ing isn't simple. lol.

Try Ableton Live if you want, but it's not that simple either.

masakatsu agatsu

@lifeafter2am
QUOTE Thanks
mdfuller

mdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the roughmdfuller is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: 15-inch MacBook Pro

I use Disco XT once in a while. Pretty cool program.
QUOTE Thanks
Zoolook

Zoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, i7 2.66Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 5

Most Pro DJs on a Mac will be using Ableton Live. It's pretty easy to get into, but has a lot of depth. It's not cheap either; but it is an excellent program.

The last time I saw The Orb live, they had two MacBook Pros both running Live, and that was it; you really don't need anything else.

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is stoned to death.
- Joan D. Vinge

QUOTE Thanks
GTGeorgz@gmail.

GTGeorgz@gmail. is on a distinguished road

definatly virtual DJ 5.o its whatt i use and it does everything u need for a DJ program
QUOTE Thanks
pyxid

pyxid is on a distinguished road

M-Audio also came out with a few versions of the program called Torq. It's included with a usb mixer when store bought. easy transport controls on the actual mixer (controller), lows, mids and highs levels, and 3 effects, fader, phaser and strobe. It even includes pitch control. There's also an option on the program itself to sync songs to each other to automatically match the bpm, and line up the beats themselves. It also shows the waveforms for even more ease. Then you just select any audio files on your computer and start mixing. Just load the ol' iTunes library and go at it. Its really simple to learn and get good at it.
The only bad thing i have to say about it, is youll also probably need an external sound card for the cue (headphones) line.
However, i found a nice USB sound card that enables you to have the headphones hooked up to that, and your main out from your mac's sound card.
I found it at hard to find records. (Hard To Find - Vinyl Records, DJ and Music Technology Equipment)

Hope this helps
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« web link to open a feed in mac mail | ATTN: WoW Players! »