New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Wrath of the Lich King !

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Dermiroth

Dermiroth is on a distinguished road

Hi there. I play World of Warcraft and my mac handles it quite well.
But soon the new expansion is comming out with better graphics and
am wondering if my mac will handle it then. Here are my currents
speccs.

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac6,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.16 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 1 GB
Bus Speed: 667 MHz
Graphics card : NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT

I dont know if i need to show you any other speccs. Atm am upgrading
my memory but will that affect the perfomance of the game ?
And i suppose the main thing i need to upgrade for a game is the
Graphics Card. So what do you think ? I need to change for the new expansion or not ?
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

I think you'll be fine. The spec of my iMac G5 PPC has lesser specs than yours, and my plays WoW just fine. I also play the Wrath of the Lich King beta on my iMac G5 PPC, and while the graphics are noticeably better, I still don't notice any performance issues thus far.
QUOTE Thanks
muso

muso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond reputemuso has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: Pwnt

You play beta?

/angry

I'm in your forums, writing sentences in a grammatically acceptable manner.
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

iWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond reputeiWhat has a reputation beyond repute

/grin

When I'm bored, I make a new Deathknight of a different race and see how fast I can level it out of the Deathknight starting area. I know all the DK quests by heart now.
QUOTE Thanks
Dermiroth

i play beta aswell and i have problems in Dalaran like i have in shattrath and other major towns. My internet connection is good so thats not the prob.

And i was playing on beta with all video effects to the lowest.
So thats why it worries me.
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

Would this happen to be on the Murmur server? I brought this issue up with a guildmate of mine. But he said that if you are on the Murmur server, there are tons of people who made their premade characters on there. However, he leveled his character on a different server, and Daralan was not bad at all. I've taken my premade character on Murmur to different places around Azeroth, Outlands, and Northrend. But Daralan was the only place that I had trouble. The last time I was in Daralan, you couldn't read the chat for 3 minutes without someone complaining about the lag there.
QUOTE Thanks
iWhat

This was just posted by Blizzard about specs needed for WotLK both PC and Mac.

Updated World of Warcraft System Requirements
QUOTE Thanks
Dermiroth

So i guess i need to upgrade my graphics aswell , am between lowest and recomended. And am on Coldarra.
And with what Graphics card can i upgrade my current one NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT,
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT ?
QUOTE Thanks
jrockett

jrockett is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 2.5/15"/4gb/250sata

I just popped another stick of mem in my mbp 2.5. I'm ready woo!! Although I really don't need the expansion yet seeing how I'm only a level 34, but it can't hurt.

And how about the zombie infestation this week. It was fun the first day and a half but now it is just plain annoying.

It's hard being a yank that loves European football.

Glory Glory Man United!
QUOTE Thanks
lifeafter2am

lifeafter2am is a jewel in the roughlifeafter2am is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Unibody

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrockett View Post
I just popped another stick of mem in my mbp 2.5. I'm ready woo!! Although I really don't need the expansion yet seeing how I'm only a level 34, but it can't hurt.

And how about the zombie infestation this week. It was fun the first day and a half but now it is just plain annoying.
This is the understatement of the year!

masakatsu agatsu

@lifeafter2am
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« mac word programs | Firefox upgrade lost my bookmarks! »