New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Gmail account very slow to send.

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Nocontact

Nocontact is on a distinguished road

I'm using Macmail and have set up a gmail account. Everything technically works fine, it sends and receives mail, the problem is, when I try to send something it seems to take forever. The little grey things keep spinning by the send menu and it doesn't seem to catch, for lack of a better word.
I'm using a wireless router but other than this the speed and connection strength are great so I'm confused.
Any idea how to fix this, Outlook on my PC seemed much snappier.
Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
BlackStar81

BlackStar81 is on a distinguished road

I'm not sure this will be helpfull but... My Gmail account is the fastest of my three (Hotmail an me.com) that I use with Macmail.

Outgoing server: smtp.gmail.com

In the advanced settings: Port 995 with tha SSL box checked adn select password
QUOTE Thanks
Nocontact

Nocontact is on a distinguished road

Thanks, already have these same settings but no luck.
QUOTE Thanks
Toolman

Toolman is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac 24"

I just switched my brother-in-law to Gmail so he could go from Pop to IMAP. He is having the exact same issue. It seems to take forever for the mail.app to send out the email. Did you ever find a solution/cause?
QUOTE Thanks
mbohn

mbohn will become famous soon enough

While Gmail can be slow once in a while, it is generally quite fast. I don't use it through Apple mail but it directly connects to my isp account to retrieve mail, or lately, I've been changing my email address so that it all goes directly to Gmail. Point is, it sounds like the problem is in the Apple mail end of things.

www.dynostep.com
engine simulation software
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Boot Camp & Time Machine | missing Sync for Windows Mobile(install cap file ) »