Windows Media Player
    I have had my MB since last Thursday and am loving it but... I have Sirius Satellite radio and listen to it online and sadly Sirius wants you to use Windows Media Player to listen to the live feed I really don't want to have to install WMP on my MB but I am missing my Sirius while I work... Does anyone know of a way to play WMP streaming files without installing WMP?

OR

Has anyone installed WMP to play these files? Has it caused any complications? Is there an install that doesn't install a full version of WMP & one that will just play streams in Safari?
    My first apple product is this White 2.4 Mac Book I bought on September 25, 2008!

Specs:
    2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM MacBook, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    I don't think that you can install Windows Media Player in Mac, but you can install Windows on your MB using boot camp.

Press any key to continue, or any other key to cancel.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who understand binary
    and those who don't.

Specs:
    MacBook Black 2.4GhZ 4 GB RAM
    congrats on your new macbook
    im sure you can download windows media player for mac on the microsoft website

Specs:
    iMac 20" 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4gig,Mac OS X Maverick, Macbook Intel 2gig, iPhone 3G
    get flip for mac, it will play your wmv files on quicktime
    FREE
    Mac is like a car, keep clean and up to date and it will give you many hours of good driving

Well I d/l & installed flip 4 mac and I was able to successfully watch a wmv email I received in QuickTime so that was nice! ....
    BUT I still cannot listen to my Sirius radio ... the player opens in safari I select the channel I want and nothing ever happens no errors, it just never connects or anything... any ideas??? I read about flip4mac and it said plain as day... "installs web browser support for wmv & wma files"
    My first apple product is this White 2.4 Mac Book I bought on September 25, 2008!

Specs:
    MacMini 2.4, 8 Gb, OS 10.11 and 10.6; MacBook 2.4, 4 Gb, OS 10.6.8
    Quote Originally Posted by zman2408 View Post
    I still cannot listen to my Sirius radio ... the player opens in safari I select the channel I want and nothing ever happens no errors, it just never connects or anything... any ideas?
    I've just tried to sign up for a 3-day trial. I messed up and had to do it twice. Have you got cookies enabled? That's what I forgot. Anyway, I received my password, followed instructions, clicked Media Player and - nothing!

I think this is a matter for you to take up with Sirius. If they haven't got interaction with the Mac community, they're missing out. They also need to make their station available to iTunes, either Mac or Win.

Have you tried Windows Media Player by the way?

Specs:
    MacBook (Black) 2.4 GHz, 4GB Ram
    Well I d/l & installed flip 4 mac and I was able to successfully watch a wmv email I received in QuickTime so that was nice! ....
    BUT I still cannot listen to my Sirius radio ... the player opens in safari I select the channel I want and nothing ever happens no errors, it just never connects or anything... any ideas??? I read about flip4mac and it said plain as day... "installs web browser support for wmv & wma files"
    Have you tried : http://www.siriusmac.com/SiriusMac.html ?

Ok I d/l & installed the sirius mac thing and it almost works... I keep getting an error

"AppleScript Error"
    "The variable baselmage is not defined. (-2753)"

any ideas?

Ok I removed siriusmac from my macbook, didn't like it & it's errors... but in the Sirius faq page they say use flip4mac ...

Ok I tried sirius again and after selecting a channel I waited 20 seconds and it started playing, but its not showing me the song or the artists....

Specs:
    MacBook (Black) 2.4 GHz, 4GB Ram
    Ok I d/l & installed the sirius mac thing and it almost works... I keep getting an error

"AppleScript Error"
    "The variable baselmage is not defined. (-2753)"

any ideas?
    Check this thread out : Version 2.3 - The variable baseImage is not defined. (-2753)

I reinstalled the sirius4mac and performed the action listed on that thread... but it was still acting weird.... I tried to close it out and it just kept playing no matter what I did ... so I just deleted all the files again...

I read several articles about this... but it still feels weird... to just delete files and not actually "uninstall" programs... did I do this right?

Windows Media Player for Mac
    I have had my MB since last Thursday and am loving it but... I have Sirius Satellite radio and listen to it online and sadly Sirius wants you to use Windows Media Player to listen to the live feed I really don't want to have to install WMP on my MB but I am missing my Sirius while I work... Does anyone know of a way to play WMP streaming files without installing WMP?

OR

Has anyone installed WMP to play these files? Has it caused any complications? Is there an install that doesn't install a full version of WMP & one that will just play streams in Safari?
    You can get Windows Media Player for Mac here: windows-media-player.for-mac.com

Specs:
    i have a 20 inch intel core duo iMac
    Flip4Mac
    Quote Originally Posted by podraig View Post
    get flip for mac, it will play your wmv files on quicktime
    FREE
    but, will Quicktime still be available to play Quicktime media after installing Flip4Mac?
    Think Blue

Thread Information