Specs:
    mac book pro
    Looking for desk sharing cross platform FREE software
    I am a trainer and would like to try some FREE cross platform sharing software that DOES not require a download of the software. I train a lot of newbies and I'm not sure they could handle a download (even with phone instructions) I will not necessarily see these people before the training session.
    I have already looked at logmein, webx and the recently reviewed "crossloop." They all require a download and crossloop does not have a mac version at this time ( they are supposed to very soon) The crossloop looks the easiest so far and I think some newbies could handle the download.
    Does anyone have any other ideas about software that was not mentioned?

I'm not sure I understand what you expect. You want FREE software that you DO NOT download? What... you want a cd in the mail or something?

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    ------
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    ------
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Specs:
    mac book pro
    Sorry, I don't think I explained it properly. I want to "take over" the student's mouse and screen (from my computer) to show them how to do things. Then I want them to be able to take their mouse back and do something(while I see their screen from my computer). I have been looking around and it's called screen sharing, but most of these programs require both computers to download some small application.(which I don't think the Newbie computer users will be able to do). I do both mac and PC training, there are very few programs that do both.
    I have found at least 50 companies that have web sites that "supposedly" do some of what I want. I just wondered if anyone has actually tried any of these. I plan to pick one or two and try it with friends and family.

Specs:
    Custom PC

Specs:
    Way... way too many specs to list.
    You mean you logmein works without downloading ANYTHING?

Nope, doesn't
    mike
    This machine kills fascists
    Got # ? phear the command line!

Specs:
    Custom PC
    Yeah, sorry, I'm half-doped on sinus/allergy medicine and didn't read it through..

There is a small download, but it IS available for mac, and it IS good. There aren't many, if any, resources like this that will provide it without downloading some kind of applet/browser add-on.

Specs:
    MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
    doesnt screen sharing work the same way?

Specs:
    Way... way too many specs to list.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkArt View Post
    Yeah, sorry, I'm half-doped on sinus/allergy medicine and didn't read it through..

There is a small download, but it IS available for mac, and it IS good. There aren't many, if any, resources like this that will provide it without downloading some kind of applet/browser add-on.
    yea, pretty much impossible without either a download or a built in application.
    mike
    This machine kills fascists
    Got # ? phear the command line!

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    NOTE: Thread moved to appropriate forum. Not just anything goes in Anything Goes
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Specs:
    i dont have no mac's
    gotomeeting.com all they have to do is click on a link you send them and then click 'give presenter mouse and keyboard and screen' then you can use their computer...not free though, but free trial...if you work for soemone they should be able to pay the money for it
    MoTM honor roll...
    when?
    i dont remember

Thread Information