New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Powerpoint viewer for Mac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

lakewoodlady

lakewoodlady is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Macbook OS Leopard

Hi,
I am having trouble finding the right version of Powerpoint Viewer for Mac. The last one I downloaded from the MS site said it couldn't open the program in DOS mode. ?

Any clues on this?
Cheers LL
QUOTE Thanks
Discerptor

Discerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to allDiscerptor is a name known to all
Mac Specs: 2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM

I would recommend just using NeoOffice, an open source alternative to Microsoft Office. Of course, if you're using Leopard, Quicklook should let you view the contents of a Powerpoint file without needing to download anything. You can open the document in Quicklook by selecting it in the Finder and pressing the space bar.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, OS X Mavericks

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakewoodlady View Post
Hi,
I am having trouble finding the right version of Powerpoint Viewer for Mac. The last one I downloaded from the MS site said it couldn't open the program in DOS mode. ?

Any clues on this?
Cheers LL
You downloaded the Windows version of the PP Viewer. I don't know if MS even provides a PP Viewer for OS X. (at least I couldn't find one) You may be able to partially view a Powerpoint file by using the Preview App that comes with Leopard.

If you need an Office Suite, NeoOffice for OS X which is free will give you the ability to not only view PP files but also to edit and create them. But if you don't need a complete Office Suite, NeoOffice will be overkill.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
louishen

louishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant futurelouishen has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver

You people are right, there hasn't been a PowerPoint viewer for mac since OS9 I think
QUOTE Thanks
wstrohm

wstrohm is on a distinguished road

Louishen is apparently correct. I am able to run the free downloadable PowerPoint Viewer from Microsoft Office 98 under Classic on my PPC G5 (running Mac OS X 10.4.11). It will play Windows-generated PowerPoint slide shows where my OfficeMac 2004's PowerPoint v 11.5.1 will not always do so. I receive PPT and PPS files over e-mail frequently, and a few of these give me the "spinning rainbow of death" when opened with my regular PowerPoint under Mac OS X. These few will play under the Classic PPT viewer, FWIW.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Problem with iChat Video conferencing | Lightwave 9.6 crash »