New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

browser problems

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

y0itsj0hn

y0itsj0hn is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: 2010 MBP: 2.53GHz Intel Core 2, 4GB DDR3, OS 10.6.8

alright, check it:

starting a week or two ago, any video i try to view within firefox (on quicktime) is very choppy, doesn't stream smoothly and the audio is off..

if i try and view the same video on safari, which i haven't used in months until i noticed this problem, the video streams fine once it is completely loaded, although takes significantly longer to load..

i'm talking about short clips of only a few minutes or so taking like a full minute to load, on my 2.16ghz intel with 2gb ram and plenty of free HDD space..

what can this be?!?!

(i don't really know how to start diagnosing the problem at all, but i did try the old uninstall/reinstall process.. no luck..)
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Create a new user and try it on that user. See if the problem recurs there.

You could also try emptying the cache. Onyx, Ice Clean, and MainMenu are all freebies that can do that and more.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« freemacware.com | program for t-shirt design... »