New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Macbook 2.4Ghz and Warcraft

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Rock

Rock is on a distinguished road

Hello,

Getting a new laptop this week for my fiancee, wondering if World of warcraft will run (and how well) on the system, here are the specs for the system i am planning on purchasing.

MacBook 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - White
Part Number: Z0FK
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Accessory kit
SuperDrive 8x (DVDR DL/DVDRW/CD-RW)
4GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM - 2x2GB
iWork '08 preinstalled
Keyboard (English) / User's Guide
160GB Serial ATA Drive @ 5400 rpm

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
skaheadpunk

skaheadpunk has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule

Check this out.

BTW, it's cheaper (and very easy) to install your own RAM upgrade afterwards than it is to pay Apple for it.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

To Rock:

The MacBook you're purchasing (I have the same one) has an integrated Intel graphics chipset (Intel GMA X3100). While it's a very good integrated graphics chipset and can display to high resolutions, it's not the best for games that require fast graphics like Warcraft. You really should have a machine with dedicated graphics such as you find on the MacBook Pro.

Having said that, Warcraft will probably run OK. Adding more memory as has been suggested will certainly help.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
Rock

Rock is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the RAM suggestion, I will definately do that,

Can it be upgraded higher than 4g?
-

And chscag:

Thanks, yeah, I am going to be getting an iMac as well and it should run it perfectly, it is okay if it runs it on low graphics.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
Thanks for the RAM suggestion, I will definately do that,

Can it be upgraded higher than 4g?
-

And chscag:

Thanks, yeah, I am going to be getting an iMac as well and it should run it perfectly, it is okay if it runs it on low graphics.
4 Gb is as high as you can go. That should be plenty though, even if you decide to run XP or Vista. You're also getting an iMac? When you do, order the best graphics card offered. Have fun.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
Dstbd

Dstbd is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: iMac G5

I agree. I have the G5 and it ran great for a while, then started to slow and lag horribly. I installed an additional 2gb of Ram, putting me at 2.5gb. It now runs perfectly, and i no longer lag anywhere. Enjoy!

Ever get frustrated with your mac? Just go work on Windows for an hour, then see how good you have it.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« I calendar challenges | Combat Flight Simulators for Mac »