Cannot Install The Sims. Help!
    2.2ghz MacBook
    OS_X 10.5.4

So after installing "The Sims Complete" DVD, I try to open the application and get the following error message stating, "The Sims Complete requires Read/Write access to the "User folder". It go's on to say:

..."The current user does not have Read/Write privileges. Install The Sims Complete on this user or another user with sufficient privileges."

I am the only user on this computer, the "user data" folder is read/write (I even went back and unchecked/then checked it again), and I can't figure out why this will not open.

Anyone with any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Solved! The ole' uninstall and re-install. I guess a file wasn't copied right in the initial process.

Thanks Guys!

Well, I thought that solved the problem. It did, for one sitting. The G/F went to play it again today and it displayed the same error. I guess I will call tech support Monday, but any help in the meantime would be much appreciated.

The Republic of Neptune
    Download ACL Fix and run that. With its drop-window open, drag and drop your home folder on it, then click "Fix". Hopefully that will do the trick.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
    Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
    Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.

Thread Information