New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

iTunes 8 Issues

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Zoolook

Zoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud ofZoolook has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro, i7 2.66Ghz, 8GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 5

Hey - at the weekend I bought myself a nice 1TB external drive. Also, I updated iTunes to version 8.

After updating, I consolidated my library to the new external drive (from a previous external drive) and then resynced my iPod. What I noticed is that many of my album art covers were missing afterwards, even from albums I had previously bought fromt the iTunes store.

I asked iTunes to go and get the artwork, which it did (mostly) but some are still missing, again even albums I bought and are still on the iTunes store.

It seems that upgrading to iTunes 8 ruined my sorting preferences, because I have notced the artwork is messed up either where the album has a guest artist on it, or where it's a compilation. On my iPod, these now show up 3 or 4 times on coverflow, some with the artwork and some without. Some albums when playing will have no artwork on track 1, but track 2 does have it.

So I need to spend some time updating my library, but this is slightly annoying. Anyone else noticed this?

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is stoned to death.
- Joan D. Vinge

QUOTE Thanks
HeroBiX

HeroBiX is on a distinguished road

General I think iTunes 8 is worse then iTunes 7, like 7 even more but now I got some fixing done on 8 so it Works the way I want, but I haven't looked regarding the artwork and I never brought any music from iTunes store

What does Intel do in a Mac?
A hole lot more then in a PC
QUOTE Thanks
trumpetguy

trumpetguy is on a distinguished road

seems like for me that after updating to iTunes 8 programs such as iDVD and iMovie always crash when I try to add a song to a project.. Also, almost all of my music has the ! sign next to it, and it says it can not find the song. I too have a 1TB External HD.

Really need to wrap up these videos so any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Josh
MacBook Pro
QUOTE Thanks

401402 is on a distinguished road

ive lost all my cover flow on 167 songs and albubls..since the upgrade
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Weird visual vibration on BBC F1 webpage. Just me? | Mail app refuses to connect! »