Weird Microsoft Word formatting problem
    Alright so sometimes when I go and bold something on Word and I space down to the next line it automatically autoformats the next like to be bold. Although not that big of a deal it is pretty annoying to constantly have to keep hitting ctrl+b every time I want to type the next line. I'm sure it's just a setting on the AutoFormat or whatever but I can't seem to figure out a way to fix it. Anybody know how?!

Lake Mary, Florida
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    NOTE: Thread moved to appropriate forum. Not just anything goes in Anything Goes
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

iMac 21" 8GB, MBP 15" 2.5 Penryn, 4 GB/180 GB
    Howdy. Although it isn't visible, Word carries the formatting of the paragraph in the paragraph symbol. Thus, if you highlight the last word in a paragraph and make it bold, often you will (unintentionally) select the paragraph marker. Hence anything you type after that will carry the formatting. To check this, click the backward P on the toolbar to show invisibles. Then the key is to make sure that you do not select the paragraph marker. Try it by putting the cursor at the end of the word, then hold down the SHIFT key and hit the LEFT arrow key until the whole word is selected. That should avoid getting the paragraph marker.

Try that. If it is still a problem, then there is another issue that can creep in.

Thread Information