Toast: how do I make iso image from Crysis dvd?
    Hi, I noticed that my Crysis dvd is getting scratched, and I want to make a backup of it before it goes too far. So what I need to know is how do I use toast to copy an iso image from the Crysis dvd? Thanks

Specs:
    MacBook Pro 2.4 Ghz 2GB Ram 200GB Hard drive, Mac Mini 1.5 Intel Core Solo 512Mb Ram
    cant you just use disk utility?

Specs:
    Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
    In Toast click on the Data tab and then click on ISO 9660 on the left side. Drag the disc into the center and then click the Save as Disc Image button at the bottom right.

You might want to keep in mind that there is a possibility of the game having some sort of DRM that would prevent you from being able to copy the game.

June 2007
    July 2009

Thank you Kash, that worked. So now that I have the iso file, how do I burn it to a dvd so it will be just like the original?

Windows won't recognize data disks, automatically ejects
    Hi Kash! So, I burnt a data disk with toast, and then went to my windows partion (xp sp2) and put in the disk, but when I did, it just spun around for about 20 seconds and then ejected. It didn't even come up with the folder or anything. Can someone please help me!?!

Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.11, Mac Mini i5 (2014), iPhone6s, Apple Watch, iPad Air 2, New AppleTV (4?)
    Reading your previous thread the advice given by Kash is bang on. However this isn't just any vanilla data disc.

The Crysis install disc is protected with securom 7 which is designed to prevent people making copies as you are know finding. It introduces bad sectors when being read amongst other things. Give it a Google to find out more.

I'd suggest treating the disc with 'kid gloves' but if it gets to the point it will no longer read, look in the back of the manual and you'll find an address to send it to for exchange. They just charge a small handling fee.
    Not been around these parts for a while. Trying to change that . .

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - bottom left of this post

What do you mean it introduces bad sectors? It creates bad sectors on my hard disk or something? Just by putting in a disc? I'm afraid I don't understand.

Specs:
    Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
    no, they put bad sectors in on the master when pressing the disc, to make duplication difficult, some movie companies also use that system
    Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system

Wait a minute, it can't be Securom because after I tried it on my computer and it wouldn't acknowledge it, I tried it on my other computer and it worked. So it must be something with boot camp, maybe.

Specs:
    27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.11, Mac Mini i5 (2014), iPhone6s, Apple Watch, iPad Air 2, New AppleTV (4?)
    Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/securom

the original disc has deliberately corrupted areas. During installation these are skipped by the installer. When the disc is read byte for byte these translate into read errors. Consequently when rewritten you don't end up with a 1-2-1 copy

Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - bottom left of this post

That's dumb! I paid for this game, I should be able to play it! Is there any way to get around this problem?

Specs:
    Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
    again, contact the manufacturer
    Member of the Month September 2008 & August 2012 | Found advice useful? use the rep system

Specs:
    Quote Originally Posted by yarjarrarr View Post
    That's dumb! I paid for this game, I should be able to play it! Is there any way to get around this problem?
    You can play it. You just can't copy it.

As advised before my me and again by Louishen if it gets so badly damaged that you need a replaced contact the manufacturer.

Specs:
    15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD
    NOTE: Merged duplicate threads.
    Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!

https://youtu.be/KHZ8ek-6ccc

Quote Originally Posted by yarjarrarr View Post
    if i pay for, say, a toaster and i wreck it, the manufacturer won't give me a new one. i have to repair it or replace it at my cost.

why should media be any different?
    Please participate in our Member of the Month polls. Every vote counts! And remember to use the user reputation system!
    ["Dear Homer, I. O. U. one emergency donut. Signed, Homer." - Note by Homer Simpson]

Thread Information