09-12-2008, 01:35 AM #1
How to enable missing prefrences in itunes 8
- Member Since
- Jan 27, 2007
- 17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Here is a list of ways to do thing for itunes 8 that was available in version 7 by default. Just they were taken out of version. But terminal comes to the rescue.
1. Show genre when browsing: This feature is set to “yes” by default, so if you’d rather only see Artist and Album in the browser, use this Terminal command:
defaults write com.apple.iTunes show-genre-when-browsing -bool FALSE
2. Show links to the iTunes store: This feature is set to “yes” by default, so if you’d rather not see these arrows, use this Terminal command:
defaults write com.apple.iTunes show-store-arrow-links -bool FALSE
3. Play songs while importing or converting: This feature is set to “no” by default, so if you’d like to automatically listen to what you’re importing, use this Terminal command:
defaults write com.apple.iTunes play-songs-while-importing -bool TRUE
4. Load complete preview before playing: This feature is set to “no” by default, so if you’d like to automatically listen to what you’re importing, use this Terminal command:
defaults write com.apple.iTunes load-complete-preview-before-playing -bool TRUE
5. Editing the rate at which you want to rip tracks in itunes 8 has moved since version 7. Here is where it is in version 8.
09-12-2008, 02:47 AM #2
- Member Since
- Oct 01, 2007
- 27" iMac i7 (2011) 10.11, Mac Mini i5 (2014), iPhone6s, Apple Watch, iPad Air 2, New AppleTV (4?)
Thanks.... glad to see the back of the iTunes store arrows especiallyNot been around these parts for a while. Trying to change that . .
Please use the reputation system if you think you've been helped - bottom left of this post
09-12-2008, 03:17 AM #3
why Apple, why did you make it harder and more frustrating to use iTunes
thanks for the tipsWhat does Intel do in a Mac?
A hole lot more then in a PC
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By mgraffeo in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 6Last Post: 10-31-2014, 12:08 AM
By windowphobic in forum OS X - Apps and GamesReplies: 0Last Post: 09-17-2009, 08:42 AM
By hal515 in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 2Last Post: 11-04-2007, 03:51 PM
By hotskate in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 6Last Post: 09-10-2007, 12:24 AM
By wingnut8 in forum Apple DesktopsReplies: 1Last Post: 01-08-2007, 11:55 AM