New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Freeware Database Programme

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Keyblade92

Keyblade92 is on a distinguished road

Hey all, just wondering if anyone can reccommend a good, reliable (hopefully freeware) database programme for the mac. I'm not happy with FileMaker Pro, and just want a program that works like Microsoft (spit) Access.

Thanks.
QUOTE Thanks
rman

rman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud ofrman has much to be proud of
Mac Specs: 2 x 3.0GHz Quad-Core, 6GB OS X 10.6.8 | 15in MacBook Pro 2.2GHz OS X 10.6.8 | 64GB iPad 2 WiFi

filemaker pro is alot more cheaper than oracle.

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, It's about learning to dance in the rain!
QUOTE Thanks
Dysfunction

Dysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant futureDysfunction has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: 2008 and 2011 15" mbps, late 11 iMac, iPhone 4s, and too many ipods and other stuff

mySql is free, and is reliable, it is not however 'user friendly'

mike
This machine kills fascists
Got # ? phear the command line!
QUOTE Thanks
PapaNoHair

PapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nicePapaNoHair is just really nice

You might try NeoOffice - it has a database included and I used it for a long time. It took my Access database. Another that is user friendly but not free is Bento (made by Filemaker but very, very easy to use).
QUOTE Thanks
macgig

macgig will become famous soon enough
Mac Specs: 20" 2007 Aluminum iMac 2.0 Ghz | 4 gigs ram | 10.6.8

bento is leopard only, which makes no sense to me. why didn't they support tiger? Not every mac user has leopard.
QUOTE Thanks
Ade Lewis

Ade Lewis is on a distinguished road

Hi

PostgreSQL claims to be the best open source Database application and is completely free.

You can find it at www.applemacfreeware.com under Utilities & Tools.

Hope this helps.

www.applemacfreeware.com
The largest collection of Free Mac Software on the net.
QUOTE Thanks
Keyblade92

Keyblade92 is on a distinguished road

Hi everybody. I decided to go with Bento, but I will look at PostgreSQL in more depth as I like to support the open source community - but anything with SQL seems complicated to me!

Thanks for the advice guys.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« (help needed) Soldier of fortune 2 on new intel 2.1 macbook | iTunes - Display only 'real' albums »