Thread: Disk Utility
09-06-2008, 05:56 PM #1
- Member Since
- May 21, 2008
I'm trying to burn data on to a dvd. It has 4.7gb..
Whenever I try to burn the burn folder it tells me to insert a blank disk.. I've tried different different dvd's in the spindle just in case the first was faulty.. but I still get the same message...
How do I burn this data?
09-06-2008, 09:52 PM #2
- Member Since
- Jan 23, 2008
- Fort Worth, Texas
- 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, iPhone 6+, 3 iPods, El Capitan
Some quick hints:
1. Finder burn - Insert a blank CD or DVD into your burner and drag and drop the files you want to burn onto the CD or DVD icon. Drag the icon to the Trash and Mac OS X will burn the data to the disk before ejecting it.
2. Burn folder - Create a Burn folder in the Finder and drag files into the folder. Click the Burn button on the burn folder's window and Mac OS X will burn copies of the original files to a CD or DVD.
3. Disk Utility - Copy all the files you want to burn to one folder and use Disk Utility to create a disk image of the folder. Burn the disk image to a CD or DVD with Disk Utility.
4. Freeware - Search MacUpdate for "burn" and you'll find several free disk burning programs.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By Lapsang Leaf in forum Apple NotebooksReplies: 1Last Post: 03-06-2012, 11:27 AM
By Timtraveller in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 8Last Post: 10-04-2011, 03:36 PM
By nkobel in forum Apple NotebooksReplies: 4Last Post: 06-09-2011, 10:36 AM
By mundane bob in forum OS X - Apps and GamesReplies: 6Last Post: 09-01-2009, 06:16 PM
By jimmyhop in forum OS X - Operating SystemReplies: 0Last Post: 09-05-2008, 07:00 AM