New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Error when installin on mac OS X

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

rawat

rawat is on a distinguished road

Hi guys,

I tried to install wine on mac OS X but got below error. Please tell me how to resolve it and get wine installed.

1) I installed MacPorts-1.6.0-10.5-Leopard. That was installed successfully.
2) Then in terminal i ran below command.
sudo port install wine
3) Then i got below error.

---> Configuring expat
Error: Target org.macports.configure returned: configure failure: shell command " cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org _release_ports_textproc_expat/work/expat-2.0.1" && ./configure --prefix=/opt/local --mandir=/opt/local/share/man " returned error 77
Command output: checking build system type... i386-apple-darwin9.2.1
checking host system type... i386-apple-darwin9.2.1
checking for gcc... /usr/bin/gcc-4.0
checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.

Please help me

Error: The following dependencies failed to build: expat fontconfig freetype zlib libiconv gperf fontforge gettext ncurses ncursesw giflib jpeg libpng libxml2 autoconf help2man p5-locale-gettext perl5.8 m4 libtool automake tiff libxslt openssl pkgconfig render xrender
Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

What do you need WINE for? Even if you get WINE installed correctly it can be troublesome. If you need to run certain Windows programs the best solution may be to use Parallels or Fusion.

But, if you really want or need to install WINE, follow these directions:

http://wiki.winehq.org/MacOSX

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
lifeafter2am

lifeafter2am is a jewel in the roughlifeafter2am is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro Unibody

I love how everyone hates on WINE, lol. I use it almost everyday to run little stupid .exe's, installing and maintaing a Windows system via Parallels etc is too much of a hassle.

Anyway ... do you have your $PATH set correctly? If it is looking for libraries and such that MacPorts uses and your $PATH isn't set correctly it will fail. You obviously have the Developer Tools installed with GCC, since it finds it, but I can't think of why it wouldn't be able to create an executable.

masakatsu agatsu

@lifeafter2am
QUOTE Thanks
rawat

rawat is on a distinguished road

Hi,

For parallels we need to have windows installed and i don't have.

In the terminal I first set the path like this.

echo export PATH=\$PATH:/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin$'\n'export MANPATH=\$MANPATH:/opt/local/man | sudo tee -a /etc/profile

and the result after entering the admin password is

export PATH=$PATH:/opt/local/bin:/opt/local/sbin
export MANPATH=$MANPATH:/opt/local/man

So, i guess all the path are set correctly? Is it of some help?
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« safari confirmation | Software Update »