New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Spaces and Office 2008

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Zimzimma

Zimzimma is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum so go easy on me if I've posted this thread in the wrong section..

I'm totally bamboozled by Spaces. I basically want to be able to open the same application in different windows (something you couldn't do before but I know that the latest update to Leopard has sorted out most of the problems that there were and I've unchecked the preference: "When switching to an application, switch to a space with open windows for the application".)

Now it's all good (I can open different windows of Safari in different spaces) but for some reason I still have the same problem with Office 2008 programmes.. i.e. If I've got a word document open in space 3, and I go to space 2 and try and open a new Word document it takes me automatically back to Space 2..

Any ideas??

Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
goobimama

goobimama is a jewel in the roughgoobimama is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)

I know this is not a solution, but MS Office is, a Carbon application and might not have properly with all the OS X features.
QUOTE Thanks
Kash

Kash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant futureKash has a brilliant future
Mac Specs: Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G

This is a known problem with Office, but Microsoft has yet to do anything to address the issue.

June 2007
July 2009
QUOTE Thanks
Zimzimma

OK, so it's not something I can do anything about at the moment.. in which case that blows
QUOTE Thanks
Simms

Simms is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 13" Black MacBook | 2.2GHz Core 2 Duo | 4GB RAM | 160GB HDD

I have a similar problem with Word - when I have Word open and then switch spaces it will jump around or leave the toolbox behind or something annoying like that... very buggy.

I've found that if you click out of Word before you switch spaces (e.g., click on the desktop so that "Finder" is displayed on the menu bar instead of "Word") then Word seems to function properly with spaces... hope this helps with your Office/Spaces work!
QUOTE Thanks
Zimzimma

I've also experienced some weird toolbox issues.. sometimes it just disappears and reappears in a different space at will..

Thanks for the suggestion, I gave it a try but no joy, when I click out of Word so that Finder is on the menu bar, and then go to a different space and select Word it brings me back to the space that has the Word already open..
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Note taking software for University | Open two iTunes libraries in one iTunes window »