New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Guild Wars & drivers?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Biofobico

Biofobico is on a distinguished road

I've installed Guild Wars with CrossOver and everything works fine except some flashy white things appearing frequently while playing. i suspect it might be some graphic issues but i dont want to do anything because i'm fairly new to "mac world".

Any ideas on how to solve this issue?
QUOTE Thanks
Biofobico

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOCtheCat View Post
the flashy white things I think they come from the game.....its fairies you need to catch and they give you money and weapons and armors.
LOL no... i play Guild Wars for about 3 years i guess, so i know the game very well. The flashy things are graphic problems in my opinion but i dont know how to solve them.
QUOTE Thanks
Hit

Hit is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: Macbook 2.4Ghz

I wouldn't recommend Crossover, it slows down games and makes games really buggy
I would highly recommend using Boot camp, which makes games play flawlessly
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

I've not played Guild Wars myself, so I can't be of much help. You could try tweaking various graphics options in the game itself just to narrow down the problem. You'd also be best off looking over the Guild War forum on Codeweaver's website. You'll be more likely to find someone who can help. Guild Wars is a supported game under Crossover, so you could also open up a support ticket about it.

BTW... which version of Crossover are you using? Crossover Games 7.1.1 is the latest and greatest.

Please verify and include the exact model/year of your Mac and OS X version number (available from "About This Mac", then "More Info" on the Apple menu).
------
Links: Onyx | EasyFind | Apple Hardware Test | How to test your hard drive | The Safe Mac Adware Removal Guide | Uninstall MacKeeper
------
Lifeisabeach - Mac-Forums Member of the Month June 2009, Feb 2012, and March 2013.
QUOTE Thanks
Biofobico

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeisabeach View Post
I've not played Guild Wars myself, so I can't be of much help. You could try tweaking various graphics options in the game itself just to narrow down the problem. You'd also be best off looking over the Guild War forum on Codeweaver's website. You'll be more likely to find someone who can help. Guild Wars is a supported game under Crossover, so you could also open up a support ticket about it.

BTW... which version of Crossover are you using? Crossover Games 7.1.1 is the latest and greatest.
I'm running 7.0.2. I've already tweak the graphics but it's the same. Any chance of directX problem? And if so is there a way to install it?
QUOTE Thanks
Lifeisabeach

Lifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond reputeLifeisabeach has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: iMac i3 (mid-2010) + OS 10.9; TV 3; iPhone 5S; iPad 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biofobico View Post
I'm running 7.0.2. I've already tweak the graphics but it's the same. Any chance of directX problem? And if so is there a way to install it?
Crossover already has the components for dx8 and dx9 built-in. Reading over the forums, it seems Guild Wars is a little buggy with dx9 under Crossover. You may want to try forcing it to use dx8. See the Tips and Tricks section of the GW forum on Codeweaver's site for instructions on how to do that, among other things to try.
QUOTE Thanks
Biofobico

Tried everything and the problem persist and once in a while the system deep freezes and i have to reboot with the power button.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Microsoft Office for Mac Help | Is Safari slow ? »