New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus • Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts • Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Entourage email deleting question

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

NewAppleMacGuy

NewAppleMacGuy is on a distinguished road

Just came across one little annoyance with Entourage. In Outlook on a PC, when I had the email list above the preview pane (which I do now as well with Entourage on the Mac), whenever I deleted an email, the next email that Outlook would select to be viewed would be the one underneath - which makes it easier to keep deleting old emails. With Entourage, when you delete an email it resorts you back to the email that was above the one you just deleted - which then makes you have to put the cursor on the email underneath to delete the next email. So in other words, if you don't want to delete a specific email, everytime you delete the email underneath it, it will put you back on the same email you want to keep. Frustrating. Hope I described the situation well enough. Could be confusing. Anyway, if you can comprehend what I'm describing, is there a fix to the issue?
QUOTE Thanks
soundshaper

soundshaper is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Power Mac G5 Dual 2.5 | 6 GB OCZ Platinum | RME HDSP9652

Just sort the emails by date in the opposite order.

As a corollary, Microsoft intentionally crippled some things in Office Mac. I doubt that is one of them, but you will continue to find little things that you miss about the Windows versions.
QUOTE Thanks
diders

diders is on a distinguished road

Hi, I find this delete order thing in Entourage frustrating as well coming from the Windoz version. It appears if you want to go to the next message when deleting an email instead of moving to the one you just read then you need to use OPTION+Command (Apple)+] which deletes the current message and displays the next message. I got this from Issues with Entourage: deleting mail - microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage | Google Groups
QUOTE Thanks
NewAppleMacGuy

NewAppleMacGuy is on a distinguished road

Thanks for replying. Seems to work but I doubt I'm gonna press 3 keys simutaneously each time - what a hassle!
QUOTE Thanks
joC

joC is on a distinguished road

HI! New here. How do I post a question? Can't seem to find how to.
QUOTE Thanks
ansoninc

ansoninc is on a distinguished road

I only recently became a Mac after being a PC for many years. I also find this deletion order a problem. I thought there would be a quick and easy solution, but guess that is not possible.
QUOTE Thanks
Jaygray

Jaygray is a jewel in the roughJaygray is a jewel in the roughJaygray is a jewel in the rough
Mac Specs: Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD

Usually when I go through a days worth of emails at once, I read them in the order received. Try starting with the first email of the day instead of the last. I guess it's just whatever you get used to.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Call of duty 4 problems. | SOme Apps & Uitlities deleted accidentially :( pls help »