New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

webcam on windows live for mac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

pappie121

pappie121 is on a distinguished road

hey guys does anyone know how to get webcam working on windows live messenger for mac? i cant seem to find anything letting me send webcam.
QUOTE Thanks
creimers84

creimers84 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: macbook pro 2.4GHz

you have to install the driver from your mac osx install CD on the windows side of your mac. problem is I did it and it worked great the windows side of my MBP could use my webcam but the OSX side couldnt anymore and now I dont know how to fix it. I wouldn't do it.
QUOTE Thanks
Tarek

Tarek has a spectacular aura about
Mac Specs: 15" MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5

What in the world are you trying to say, creimers84? Windows Live Messenger for Mac does not have the video call 'webcam' feature yet. That's why it sucks.
QUOTE Thanks
ulagh

ulagh is on a distinguished road

download mercury mesanger.
it works fine for webcam mesageing and normal mesageing.you will need to tweak some of the webcam options if you wana get your webcam speed up to 7 fps
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« using AIM with a Mac notebook please help | Mac torrent app that let's you select what files to download in the torrent file »