Specs:
    BlackBook 2.4 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD
    Counter-Strike for mac?
    Hey all

Just a quick question,

I've got a steam account set up with counter-strike on it and all that jazz. I run the game on my family's windows machine, but i'm looking to somehow play counter-strike on my personal mac. I have the steam account, but somehow i need to download the games on this computer. I have the game disks but they won't do me much good cause they are only for PC.

Anyone know how i could do this?

Thanks in advance.

Specs:
    15" mac book pro, 2.4GHz core 2 duo, 2G ram, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT, 256 RAM, 160G HD @7200rpm
    it will run on the program crossover, just watched a video on youtube demo-ing it, supposedly it will also run on parallels, and i don't know about vmware fusion, fusion does not support pixel shaders, but if the game doesn't have them, then it shoud run it.

I've actually tried all the ways to be honest. Around when I first got my Mac, I discovered CrossOver and tried it and it ran awesome then. But that was a trial version for 60 days and eventually it ran out so I didn't bother purchasing it. I've tried Parallels and attempted BootCamp. Parallels just didn't work well for me and the sound went off randomly. I couldn't get BootCamp working at the time so I didn't bother in the future.

Now, CodeWeavers made CrossOver Games which is specifically for gamers really. I gave that a try, but now I have a lot of stuff on my Mac and it isn't as new so it was HORRIBLE! I lagged, the mouse really sucked and it wasn't really worth the time. My internet also went weird when running it, so I gave up. It might run better on your Mac though.

Specs:
    MAC BOOK 13in
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I've actually tried all the ways to be honest. Around when I first got my Mac, I discovered CrossOver and tried it and it ran awesome then. But that was a trial version for 60 days and eventually it ran out so I didn't bother purchasing it. I've tried Parallels and attempted BootCamp. Parallels just didn't work well for me and the sound went off randomly. I couldn't get BootCamp working at the time so I didn't bother in the future.

Now, CodeWeavers made CrossOver Games which is specifically for gamers really. I gave that a try, but now I have a lot of stuff on my Mac and it isn't as new so it was HORRIBLE! I lagged, the mouse really sucked and it wasn't really worth the time. My internet also went weird when running it, so I gave up. It might run better on your Mac though.

there a way to get out of the trail mesg me if you want to no.

Thread Information