New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Counter-Strike for mac?

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

kristian

kristian is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: BlackBook 2.4 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HD

Hey all

Just a quick question,

I've got a steam account set up with counter-strike on it and all that jazz. I run the game on my family's windows machine, but i'm looking to somehow play counter-strike on my personal mac. I have the steam account, but somehow i need to download the games on this computer. I have the game disks but they won't do me much good cause they are only for PC.

Anyone know how i could do this?

Thanks in advance.
QUOTE Thanks
volta88

volta88 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" mac book pro, 2.4GHz core 2 duo, 2G ram, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT, 256 RAM, 160G HD @7200rpm

it will run on the program crossover, just watched a video on youtube demo-ing it, supposedly it will also run on parallels, and i don't know about vmware fusion, fusion does not support pixel shaders, but if the game doesn't have them, then it shoud run it.
QUOTE Thanks
cubby

cubby is on a distinguished road

I've actually tried all the ways to be honest. Around when I first got my Mac, I discovered CrossOver and tried it and it ran awesome then. But that was a trial version for 60 days and eventually it ran out so I didn't bother purchasing it. I've tried Parallels and attempted BootCamp. Parallels just didn't work well for me and the sound went off randomly. I couldn't get BootCamp working at the time so I didn't bother in the future.

Now, CodeWeavers made CrossOver Games which is specifically for gamers really. I gave that a try, but now I have a lot of stuff on my Mac and it isn't as new so it was HORRIBLE! I lagged, the mouse really sucked and it wasn't really worth the time. My internet also went weird when running it, so I gave up. It might run better on your Mac though.
QUOTE Thanks
jamezh10

jamezh10 is an unknown at this point
Mac Specs: MAC BOOK 13in

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubby View Post
I've actually tried all the ways to be honest. Around when I first got my Mac, I discovered CrossOver and tried it and it ran awesome then. But that was a trial version for 60 days and eventually it ran out so I didn't bother purchasing it. I've tried Parallels and attempted BootCamp. Parallels just didn't work well for me and the sound went off randomly. I couldn't get BootCamp working at the time so I didn't bother in the future.

Now, CodeWeavers made CrossOver Games which is specifically for gamers really. I gave that a try, but now I have a lot of stuff on my Mac and it isn't as new so it was HORRIBLE! I lagged, the mouse really sucked and it wasn't really worth the time. My internet also went weird when running it, so I gave up. It might run better on your Mac though.

there a way to get out of the trail mesg me if you want to no.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« is there any way i can play spore on a macbook? | iChat/MSN Messenger »