New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

unknown windows api function in 2142 for mac

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

mac-tastic45

mac-tastic45 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: macbook 2.4 Ghz intel core duo, intel gma x3100, 4 Gb RAM

to all who can help,
recently ive been playing the god awful "port" of battlefield 2142 for mac and punkbuster has been giving the messege

"PUNKBUSTER: RESTRICTION: unknown windows API function."

then it kicks me from the game. i have tried restarting the game, and the macbook i use, but i recieve no change. i have played the game in the past with no problems.
QUOTE Thanks
zebren

zebren is on a distinguished road

I'm experiencing the exact same issue and would love help as well!!! and to be specific, the unknown windows api error im dealing with is numbered 131152.
QUOTE Thanks
Bayoudog

Bayoudog is on a distinguished road

I have the same issue, "unknown windows api function" 131152, and it kicks me from every servers within a few seconds. I have been playing BF2142 for months and this has never happened. I manually updated Punkbuster and it didn't fix anything. Now I'm ready to asume this problem is not on my end, as nothing has changed here since yesterday or the day before... when everything was working right.
Just wait and see I'd say ? We're getting used to this kind of treatment with this game...

iMac 2,4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo "Aluminum"
2 Go SDRAM
Mac OS X 10.5.4
QUOTE Thanks
Bayoudog

Just found that on the punkbuster website:

Tuesday 08.12.2008 [10:30AM]

Version 2.090 of the PB Client for BF2142 has been released to our PB Master Servers for auto-update and to our website download page. This is a maintenance release.

How amazing... It is TODAY ! Go figure. They can't even do it right.

2 Go SDRAM
Mac OS X 10.5.4
QUOTE Thanks
volta88

volta88 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: 15" mac book pro, 2.4GHz core 2 duo, 2G ram, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT, 256 RAM, 160G HD @7200rpm

same problem here, i thought i screwed something up as i downloaded the conflict 2142 mod yesterday and that could've been screwing it up i thought at first. any of you contacted pb for a fix?
QUOTE Thanks
Bayoudog

Yes, I contacted them but I have no idea when or if they will answer. I also tried to update PB and to tell the truth, on a MAC, it's ridiculous. You have to do it urself, as their pbsetup app doesnt work at all. It downloads the new pb files into ur app folder but will NOT install them where they should be within the bf2142 app. You have to place them urself. Anyway, did that and still fix crap.
I'm so mad !

2 Go SDRAM
Mac OS X 10.5.4
QUOTE Thanks
mac-tastic45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayoudog View Post
Just found that on the punkbuster website:

Tuesday 08.12.2008 [10:30AM]

Version 2.090 of the PB Client for BF2142 has been released to our PB Master Servers for auto-update and to our website download page. This is a maintenance release.

How amazing... It is TODAY ! Go figure. They can't even do it right.
so this is why i played fine up until midday today. i played until about 9:30 this morning and after 12:00 when i got back this screwed up. so to be clear what is the actual "fix" for this problem?
QUOTE Thanks
volta88

Mac Specs: 15" mac book pro, 2.4GHz core 2 duo, 2G ram, NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT, 256 RAM, 160G HD @7200rpm

@ bayoudog
haha, yeah, i just tried that as well. total garbage m8. EA, DICE, and PB are the biggest bunch of tools on the online gaming community. that 2 month wait for the 1.5 patch almost killed me, but now this... truly sad... where can i contact them at, if we all bother them maybe they'll start getting some stuff done for once.

@ mactastic: we dont know yet. on a windows computer its related to a problem with a program called windows blinds (much like candybar for mac) but i haven't found the solution as of yet. i'll keep looking.
QUOTE Thanks
volta88

10 viewing? lol, are you guys itching to get back on as bad as me?
QUOTE Thanks
mac-tastic45

see, if EA had not been so **** lazy and just made a full blown port for mac, we wouldnt have this problem. cider is awful, its just a commercial version of WINE, which is what accounts for some lack of playabilty and performance. i mean how many configurations would EA have to test when making a mac port, like 10? versus the billions of pc configurations to make the windows version. i mean aspyr made full ports of starwars battlefront and gh 3, and i love those games, they run great. EA needs to get on the ball. and thanks volta88, i agree the 2 month wait for 1.5 was absurd. the messege EA said was it takes like 2 weeks for them to do it
QUOTE Thanks
volta88

haha, amen brother. lets all fill out support tickets at PB
http://box4.evenbalance.com/troublet...new_ticket.php
so they can get this whole ordeal sorted out.
and you guys should add me to your buddy list, i'd like to play with some other mac guys, sometimes i feel like a virgin in a brothel. my in-game name is volta88 (no caps) and i play for the [TD] clan.
QUOTE Thanks
mac-tastic45

yeah i've put in a support ticket. i even called ea, and they told me to put in a ticket. something tells me im not going to get a quick response from the punkbuster guys seeing as there have already been enough problems with this game. ill definately buddy you volta, cus i share the same feeling.

If you're reading this, than you're probably spending too much time reading my post.
QUOTE Thanks
volta88

very cool dude. i'll see you around.

volt
QUOTE Thanks
Bayoudog

Just received this today about my ticket at evenbalance :
Note #2: You should no longer experience this.

So, let's see if it's true !

2 Go SDRAM
Mac OS X 10.5.4
QUOTE Thanks
Bayoudog

It's true, it's fixed.

2 Go SDRAM
Mac OS X 10.5.4
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Installing Aperture 2 after removing the "trial version" | Msn for Macs- questions »