New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Boot Camp OS X Install DVD

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

lenny53d

lenny53d is on a distinguished road

I am currently stationed in Iraq. I left my Mac OS X Leopard installation disc back in Hawaii. I want to install windows xp with boot camp but it says in the install pdf that I will need my Mac OS X Leopard installation disc. Can I install windows XP with boot camp with out those disc?

If not were can I order a new set of disk? I have looked on apples site with no luck.

Thanks
Larry
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

Hi:

The Leopard disk contains drivers which you will need to get Windows working properly. You should have no difficulty in running Boot Camp to create the partition for Windows and then installing Windows (if you have the proper version).

Without the Leopard disk, you'll have to get on the net and chase down drivers for your Mac's hardware to work in Windows. Drivers such as: Video, sound, bluetooth, airport, iSight, etc. I'm not sure if there is somewhere on the Apple site that those drivers can be downloaded from as a package but do a search anyway.

Another option is to maybe borrow a friend's Leopard disk (has to be the same for your specific Mac) to install the drivers. Or, maybe have a relative or friend in Hawaii air mail the disks to your APO address.

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks
BenHallow

BenHallow is on a distinguished road

i deleted boot camp off my mac accidentally and i would like to know which Mac OS X install Disk it is on because the internet at my boarding school is 6kbps which is so annoying! so please help me- Thanks
QUOTE Thanks
chscag

chscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond reputechscag has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 27" iMac i5, 3.2 GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 5c, 3 iPods, Yosemite

See the following Apple KB article: Link

Regards.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Looking for an application to edit iTunes songs | Safari Crashes Loading WMV Link »