New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

Alternative to MS Outlook

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

jrockett

jrockett is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 2.5/15"/4gb/250sata

Howdy all, is there an alternative to Outlook for a Mac? I want to sync with my Exchange server but I'd rather not use Office if I can help it. Open Office looks great but I don't see an Outlook alternative. Thanks.

It's hard being a yank that loves European football.

Glory Glory Man United!
QUOTE Thanks
cwa107

cwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond reputecwa107 has a reputation beyond repute
Mac Specs: 15" MBP, Core i7/2GHz, 8GB RAM, 480GB Crucial M500 SSD

Well, built-in Apple Mail will sync with an Exchange Server. Also, Entourage (part of MS Office 2008 for Mac) is very similar to Outlook. I believe Mozilla Thunderbird is also Exchange compatible.

Liquid and computers don't mix. It might seem simple, but we see an incredible amount of people post here about spills. Keep drinks and other liquids away from your expensive electronics!
QUOTE Thanks
jrockett

jrockett is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MBP 2.5/15"/4gb/250sata

Cool. Thanks, I'm still learning the joys of the mac.

It's hard being a yank that loves European football.

Glory Glory Man United!
QUOTE Thanks
Zeels90

Zeels90 is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: MacBook Pro 17" 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo: 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3 (Antiglare)

Mail is great I would strongly recommend it for you.
QUOTE Thanks
fyreous

fyreous is on a distinguished road
Mac Specs: Retina MacBook Pro (15")

Mail is great, to be sure..... but if you need all similar features from Outlook then Entourage 2008 is the way to go. It takes a little tweaking to work great; but I use it for my work email, and I really like the comprehensive "Project Center" module it has. It also makes it easy to categorize emails based on any variables you set.

I use Entourage 2008 at work, as it's definitely geared more towards the corporate world; but Mail for all my personal accounts.

QUOTE Thanks
fozzy40

fozzy40 is on a distinguished road

I use Microsoft Outlook 2007 for appointments and contacts which I sync with my Palm Centro. Now that I've switched, I'm trying to get away from Microsoft products. Can anyone suggest an alternative (free hopefully) that has the same capabilities and is Palm Centro friendly?

Thanks again.

Love the Mac so far!!!!
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« DVD ripper recommendations? | In need of iTunes data log app »