New To Mac-Forums?

Welcome to our community! Join the discussion today by registering your FREE account. If you have any problems with the registration process, please contact us!

Get your questions answered by community gurus Advice and insight from world-class Apple enthusiasts Exclusive access to members-only contests, giveaways and deals

Join today!

Start a Discussion

Mac-Forums Brief

Subscribe to Mac-Forums Brief to receive special offers from Mac-Forums partners and sponsors

Join the conversation RSS
OS X - Apps and Games Discussion of applications and games available for Mac OS X.

How to Set up a workspce in CS3 (Re 6x4 photo)

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

davedave

davedave is on a distinguished road

Hi,
I'm new to Photoshop and I would like to set up a new workspace. I would like to achieve a 6 x 4 photo size upon completion.
What dimensions should I use on my new workspace?
Are digital prints true 6 x 4? (I seem to recall that photoshops actually crop digital camera images?)
What should my resolution be set at?
Any assistance with setting up my new workspace would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance...
Dave
Attached Images
File Type: png Picture 2.png (64.1 KB, 7 views)
QUOTE Thanks
brillopads

brillopads is on a distinguished road

Hey Dave,

There are a couple of ways you could achieve this;
a) you could just open up a larger page, insert the image onto this page and then crop it
but probably better; b) bring the image into Photoshop (drag and drop the image into the grey space in photoshop before opening anything. right click on the top bar of the window of the image (which says the image details) and click ' canvas size'. you get the pop up (like attached). Change the units to inches and type in the required dimensions (6x4). It is recommended to change the resolution to 300dpi.

In response to your other questions, photoshop could indeed change the image sizes and resolution so it's generally best just to check (again by opening the pop up 'canvas size').

I hope this helps.
QUOTE Thanks

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

« Upgrade to mobileMe from .Mac | avi to mpeg »